SPORTSMOBILE 4WD MAXI RV
Price: US $35,000.00 Item location: Boulder City, Nevada, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Other
- SubModel: RV Conversion AF Command Truck
- Type: 5 ton military chassis
- Trim: Air Force Blue w/Diamond Plate
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 46,021
- VIN: 1HTAR18E5BHA24823
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 9 Liter Diesel No Turbo
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: 5 spd manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 International Harvester Other Air Force Blue w/Diamond PlateMORE PHOTOS SUNDAY PM FOR MORE INFO CALL ME 775-513-3219
46K ORIGINAL MILE 4WD MILITARY COMMAND TRUCK PROFESSIONALLY CONVERTED RV - BATH, TOILET, SINK, HOLDING TANK,MICROWAVE, (2) 12V/120V INVERTERS, AC, 4KW GENERATOR, 2 SLEEPING PLATFORMS, STORAGE CABINETS, 35 GALLON NALGENE FRESH WATER TANK, CEILING LIGHTS, CLEAN CARPET, BEAUTIFUL INTERIOR. TWIN FUEL TANKS WITH CROSSOVER PUMP. NON-SMOKING
I have owned this fun RV for 10 years, but, now age 70, time to pass it on. Pick it up in Las Vegas and drive it to Argentina, or wherever. I am a retired professional truck technician / welder and this truck has received the best regular maintenance. Purchased in Florida in 2006 with only 16,000 miles, I towed a 50 foot offshore race boat home to Las Vegas. It is not fast, but a steady 55-62 and 10-11mpg, all day no problem. Engine runs cool and does not burn oil.
The paint job is showing age and has chips here and there. I never wanted to do a nice shiny paint job because I often drove narrow roads with brush touching the sides. Because this is mil spec heavy duty paint, it is almost impervious to scratching. Wash and polish once a year and it looks pretty good. The two rear windows have been replaced with Lexan. The double pane side windows have inside condensation, look cloudy. Diamond plate trim adds some bling. Whenever I go to a big park camping, like Yosemite (often), I always have lots of folks stopping to ask about it.
The 9 liter International diesel is bullet proof. NO DEF !! It has an rpm governor so when I get on the road I just put it to the metal and move on about 60-62 with never a speeding ticket, but I always get there not too far behind my friends with fast SUV's. AND I NEVER NEED TO STOP FOR FUEL FOR OVER 600 MILES! Overall length is about 25 feet - gets into most camping slots easily. AC housing on roof has strengthened enclosure to protect from tree branches. No plastic.
Tires are big truck 315R 85 22.5 - totally overkill for the (light) weight of this truck, but also super heavy duty long mileage. These 22.5 are 100,000 mile big truck tires. They are the most common big truck tire and I buy them used for about $125 at truck tire shops. The front tires are about 60% and the rears are about 30%. If I keep the truck I will use it all summer as is and replace the rear tires for next year.
Please view the photo of the left rear brake drum, and axle. This drum has no lip and has never been turned. The brake shoes are just as thick as new, never replaced. Two brake cylinders and the axle oil seal were replaced last month - new. 46K original mileage is trueand accurate. The tachometer does not work. It's not really needed because the engine has an automatic rev limiter.
- Original split rim wheels have been changed to modern tubeless rims for the 22.5 tires.
- Left rear brake wheel cylinders and axleoil seal have just been replaced.
- Fresh lube, oil and filter.
- NEW bench seat upholstery.
- Roof just repainted with Henry's Reflective paint, AC gasket resealed
- Front drive shaft u-joints replaced
- Front axle seals replaced (original International design always has slight oil drip)
- New power steering hoses
- Original 40 gallon fuel tank PLUS 30 gallon aux w/Holley Black crossover pump
- Battery disconnect switch for 1500 watt inverter
- 800 watt microwave oven runs from inverter or engine idle
- 25 gallon grey/black water waste tank with dump valve
- Interior lights are low watt "spaghetti" bulbs fornight time battery operation
- True 4wd Hi/Low, never used much but in excellent condition
- Inside rear tires are smaller and only touch when needed in deep mud or snow
- Clutch, transmissionand brakes are like new
- Class 4 receiver hitch AND pintle hook, also air break hook-up
- NOTE TO EUROPEANS - BUY A MAN OR MERCEDES RV TRUCK FOR $300,000, OR SAVE LOTS AND BUY THIS FOR YOUR USA SUMMER TOURING.
Note: The reserve price is $25,000. Don't tell.