1974 International Harvester Scout
- Condition: Used
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Scout
- Type: SUV
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 49,000
- VIN: 4S8S0DGD*****
- Color: Dark Orange
- Engine size: 4.2 4228CC 258Cu. In. l6 GAS
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black & Orange
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 International Harvester Scout
Up for auction is a 1974 International Harvester Scout II, dark orange in color, great trail ride buggy or beach vehicle!!
This is a great truck. Came from a private collection and always stored indoors. Very rust free. Permanent convertible, it comes with no hardtop, though one could be added.
- paint is very good but a few scratches (see photos)
- engine fires every time, havent had any issues with it not starting or running. Runs amazing. I have taken many long trips (150 miles plus) and never had any issues, no overheating, nothing. Runs every time, all the time.
- all glass is good, passed state inspection and all of that no problem.
- Has the new and improved ball bearing window crank handles. If you know these trucks you know what I mean. (expensive)
- Has a custom stereo / TV / video player in the dash, works great.
- seats are in great shape
- 4WD works great, have driven it around the property when it gets muddy. This inline jeep 6 cylinder engine will go all day long.
- chrysler automatic bulletproof 727 transmission, never any problems
- tires are pretty new, lots of tread.
- the shift boots are torn but there are new ones that come with the truck, I will try to get installed for the new buyer
- easily digs through mud, or goes 70mph on the freeway, no problems with either. And looks good while doing it.
- complete inside is bedliner. If it gets dirty, just hose it out!! Seats are weatherproof material as well.
- all LED lighting outside (except headlights)
- gets pretty good gas mileage since it is a 6 cyl
- custom bumpers can pull trailers from front or rear (or mount removable winch)
- Stereo works great, plays movies and may have bluetooth as well but I havent tried that.
- GM steering column, key lock and tilt
- center console (this is old and mounts are cracking)
- power brakes (no power steering)
- Rust Free. Let me repeat, RUST FREE. You be hard pressed to find one this clean.
- If you have never had a 4.0 jheep inline 6 cylinder engine, be aware the engine has the common Jeep 6 cyl tick. If you read that it was the jeep 6 cylinder and you have owned one I am sure you expected to hear that. They always tick and still run 300,000 miles. Just dont want someone who is unaware to think something is wrong with it.
- speedometer currently is not working, I will try to see if I can find out why. Maybe just disconnected cable.
- gauges have been replaced with aftermarket, (I assume they are cheaper and work better) but I have a box with all the original gauges if the new owner wants them. Come with the truck.
- a few nicks and scratches, mostly at the tailgate how it touches the rear bumper (see photos)
This is a great looking, great running 4WD buggy for someone who likes to cruise with the wind in their hair. Take a look at others for sale and then come back.
Keep in mind it is 43 years old and not a new car, but it is in good condition considering its age. Very rust free body and chassis.
We do consider trades in the specialty or classic category.
Feel free to make offers, and if you have any questions please message or call 888-716-5333
- All checks of any kind are subject to clear.
- If you want to inspect the car set up an appt and do so BEFORE bidding.
- Make sure you have the approval or parent, wife or whomever else may matter before bidding.
- Deposits are NOT refundable. Selling on Ebay costs time and money.