1949 International KB 1 Short Bed Pickup Truck 41,000 Miles National Show Winner
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: KB 1
- SubModel: Short Bed Pick Up Truck - Restored
- Type: Pickup
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: 41,743
- VIN: 104455
- Color: Red with Black
- Engine size: 6 Cylinder 214 Cu In
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red with Black
- Options: Short Bed, Heater, Dual Windshield Wipers, Dual Exterior Mirrors, Cow Catchers, Rear Bumper, Under Bed Spare Tire, Hub Caps, Stone Guards, Wood Inserts in the Bed
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 International Harvester KB 1 Short Bed Pick Up Truck - Restored
1949 International KB 1 Short Bed Pickup Truck – 41,000 Orig Miles
National Show Winner - 3rd Owner
The original owner (Louis Pappas) special ordered the truck for use on his farm in Ohio and kept the truck for over 40 years only putting just over 39,000 miles on it. The second owner (Raymond & Nina Gault) spent several years painstakingly restoring the truck back to Show Room condition using original International Harvester parts.
After the restoration was complete, the truck took First Place at the 18th Annual International Harvester Show in 2007 at Springfield, Ohio. (The show was Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of International Harvester’s introduction of Light Trucks.)
The truck is equipped as follows-
- 6 Cylinder International 214 Cubic Inch “Green Diamond” Engine
- Column Shift 3-Speed Manual Transmission
- Short Bed (approx. 6.5 feet) with Wood Inserts
- 2-Tone Red with Black
- Dual Windshield Wipers
- Dual Exterior Mirrors
- Cow Catchers
- Rear Bumper
- Under Bed Spare Tire
- Hub Caps
- Stone Guards
1949 was the last year for the “K” series trucks and also for the split front windshield plus halfway through the 1949 Model year, the new “L” series trucks were introduced as the replacement for the “K”.
This truck is currently part of a very large Southern California auto collection and it is being offered by the third owner. All pictures of the truck were just taken for the eBay listing.
Call Mark at (949)642-7447 for additional information about this great truck or to set a time to inspect it in the Newport Beach area of Southern California. The buyer is responsible for picking the car up in Southern California or for shipping. We can assist the buyer in the shipping process if needed.