1965 International Scout 80 4x4 - 90% original!
Price: US $10,500.00 Item location: Emeryville, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Scout
- SubModel: 80
- Type: SUV
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 90,000
- VIN: S80FC118897
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 152 4-cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 International Harvester Scout 80I'm selling my 1965 International Scout 80 4x4. This Scout is mostly original and hard to find in this condition without a ton of modifications. Original 152 4-cylinder motor and carb. 4-wheel drive with high and low gearing w/ locking hubs. 3-speed manual transmission. The hard top is removable and the windshield folds down. Sliding side windows are original and also removable. Even the paint is original!
Runs and drives well, new reproduction 650x16 tires, and recently tuned by a local mechanic who knows his Scouts. Previous owner patched a small rust spot on the drivers side floor, and rhino-lined the entire floor (black coating).
I'm moving soon and won't be able to take it with me. I'm hoping to sell to someone who wants to do a true restoration given how original this still is.Registered in CA through Feb'17, smog exempt.
I have a few replacement parts that will be included in the sell:
- Carb rebuild kit
- Air hoses and dash hoses for heater/defroster
A few things that don't work:
- Driver side fuel tank and fuel gauge don't work, haven't yet investigated the problem.
- Fuel tank filler necks are old and cracked, I have a bit of hose I use to avoid spilling for now, but those should be replaced.
- Left turn signal doesn't auto-cancel.
- Small rust spot on drivers side floor that previous owner patched with a steel plate. Otherwise just minor surface rust.