1974 International Scout 2
Price: - Item location: Woodlake, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Scout
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 1,500
- VIN: 4s8s0dgd31636
- Color: Orange/Black
- Engine size: 350 SBC
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 International Harvester ScoutThis is an awesome 7-seater Scout. It is a blast to drive and gets lots of looks--bikers and firemen mostly. I have four kids and they all LOVE this scout. My goal with the scout was a daily driver that was capable off-road. I have had it off road a few times, but mostly has been my run around town vehicle. It is reliable and well cared-for. This has been almost totally redone (engine, transmission, electrical) in the last two years. At one point or another this had all the floors removed, the dash, the wiring, the transmission, the engine and the entire interior. It has been a 6 year labor of love. Here is some of the work that has been done to it.
- Rebuilt transmission 350 Chevy Small Block installed (Advance Adaptor to hook it up to the original tranny)
- Reverse shackle kit (drives straight on the highway, no wander)
- Replaced floors, front and rear (rear floor is stainless steel)
- Factory roll cage
- All new wiring harness (complete with trailer light hookup mounted in bumper)
- New aluminum RnD radiator.
- CPT dash panel and gauge kit (clock doesn't keep time well though).
- Newly reupholstered interior (same pattern as stock but different color)
- Working CD player/radio, though the sub is not hooked up.
- New shocks.
- New kingpins.
- Bikini top comes with it (the top is removable).
- Sliding windows in the top work.
- Rattle trap insulation in the cockpit.
- Third row seat--seats 7! (this is actually a front bench seat for a scout, so you could swap out the buckets).
- Block hugger headers.
- Eldebrock carb/valve covers/intake manifold.
- New power brake booster.
- New master cylinder.
- New power steering pump.
- Lift springs (Not sure, but I think it has about 6" of lift)
- New battery (AGM!)
- 36" Goodyear Wrangler Tires, 80-85% tread (tires track fine on the highway, but will follow ruts on back roads; smaller tires won't do this)
- Second set of tires (about 30" on white wagon wheel rims)
- Complete trim kit included if asked for.
- All turn indicators work.
If you are looking for a daily driver that you can tinker with on the weekends this is it. The hard expensive projects have been done, the remaining projects are the fun ones. I do not know the total mileage, 1500 is what I put on it since I replaced the gauges (what it reads now), odometer reading on title is blank. I have the title, its clear. Financial demands of home-ownership mean I have to sell it. Reserve price is a lot lower than Buy it Now price--I need the cash. For sale locally, so I may end the auction early. Happy Bidding, and thanks for looking.