1981 Honda Accord LX w/ 6,000 ORIGINAL MILES
Price: - Item location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Honda
- Model: Accord
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: LX 2-Door Hatchback
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 6,056
- VIN: JHMSM5335BC067581
- Color: Teal
- Engine size: EK1 1.8L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Teal
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Honda Accord LX 2-Door HatchbackThis is a rare chance to own an immaculate 37-year-old Japanese collectible with 6,000 original miles!This 1981 Honda Accord LX has been garage-kept for decades - it is all original, rust-free, unrestored, and was one of the last Accords to be manufactured in Japan before Honda started making them in the US in 1982. You will not see many more of these collectibles in this pristine of a condition in the coming years.
-This Accord is mechanically sound and turns on a dime. It shifts with ease and starts up on the first crank. It's fun to tool around in this quick and peppy hatchback!
-EVERYTHING is originaland looks like it just came off the showroom - factory paint, mirrors, glass, wheels and tires, exterior plastics, stainless steel, bumpers, cassette player, etc.
**If you would like to see any areas of the Accord in further detail, please message me and I would be happy to send you additional pictures (I was only allowed to upload 24 pictures).**
- As seen in the pictures, the original teal paint on the body of this Accord still looks absolutely glorious.
- The golden striped paint on the sides of the hood is untouched and looks great. See the 11th picture showing this detail.
- Every singe piece of plastic trim on this car is un-oxidized and still holds its brand new deep black color, as the car has been protected from the sun for decades in a garage. See the pictures for detailed shots of the corner plastics.
- The chrome is beautiful, the glass all around the car is pristine, the original manual windows open and close with ease, and the weather stripping remains black, soft, and pliable.
- The car is completely rust-free.
- The interior is absolutely beautiful and looks untouched.
- The carpets are clean, unsoiled, and look brand new. The black carpet mats are in excellent condition.
- The comfortable front and back seats show no wear, do not sag, and still retain their original color as they have been protected from sun exposure for almost all of their life. The back seats fold down easily for plenty of hatchback storage.
- The dashboard and surrounding plastics are in mint-condition. The original cassette player, radio, and speakers look brand new and still work. The knobs and dials from one end of the dash to the other show no wear whatsoever - details such as these show the true extent of this Accord's originality and beauty. See the pictures for the details I'm mentioning.
- The sun visors and headliner show no flaws - even the paper sleeve that surrounds the driver-side sun visor showing the "Accord Starting Procedure" is untouched.
- The engine compartment is clean and looks like it was assembled just yesterday by its factory in Japan.
- Hoses, connections, caps, paint, badges, etc are all original. The only thing that has been replaced in the entire car is the battery - with the exception of the battery, everything in this Accord is original.
- The engine is an EK1 1.8L. It is immaculate and looks nowhere near 37 years old.
- The Accord runs smoothly and has no problems whatsoever.
- Many owner's manuals and paperwork dating all the way back to 1981. The bill of sale for the original tires that are still on this car dates back to 1981. There are even breath mintsin the glovebox from 1996. See the picture of some of the extras and paperwork.
**AGAIN, if you would like to see any areas of the Accord in further detail, please message me and I would be happy to send you additional pictures.**
Anyone who gazes at or sits inside this 1981 Honda Accord feels as if they've been thrown back nearly four decades into a time when imported cars started making their initial appearances in the USA. Take this chance to own one of those cars in pristine condition.