1973 GMC Sprint Estate / Frame Off Restored / "NO RESERVE"!!!
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Model: Other
- Type: truck
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 575
- VIN: 5D80K3B501576
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 454
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Turbo 400
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 GMC Other1973 GMC Sprint Estate
Up for sale is my frame off restored 1973 GMC Sprint Estate. You wont find one like this one gentlemen anywhere. If you have been looking for one of these restored you need to take a serious look at this one. This is a very unique restoration of a 1973 GMC Sprint Estate. Is this a 100 point car? No not by any means but it is a very good example. OK first lets see all the things that were done to the car.
1. Frame blasted and repainted with Dellfleet Paint. This is a very durable frame paint. 2 part epoxy system used on truck frames.
2. Car blasted and repainted. Top and Bottom
3. Lower rear quarters were replaced. Nicely done. front fenders were in good shape.
4. New floor pans. The originals were not terrible but had some light swiss cheese so I replaced them. You can see this in the video.
5. All new front suspension purchased from Global West. This suspension is great. Gives a very nice ride.
6. New rear suspension. New aluminum trailing arms and steel upper arms.
7. All new body bushings. Solid now with no body vibration at all.
8. Rear end is orignial with 273 pozi and new rear end cap. Name brand is QuickLaunch. Neat name, couldn’t resist. LoL
9. New front rotars and bearings and brakes.
10.All new steering linkage components
11.New power steering box
12. Rebuilt 454 with just a slightly modified cam. Mild 454 still has good pep. Heads were totally rebuilt and intake and exhaust were stage 2 ported for a little extra power. This motor is probably around 350 horse. I didn’t build it to race, built it to cruise.
13.Rebuilt Heavy duty truck Turbo 400. The transmission works great but it does whine a little bit until it gets warmed up. I assume this is the pump. But it is rebuilt and works great.
14.New Northern Aluminum radiator. Works great!
15.New dual fan cooling system.
16.New power steering pump, lternator.
17.Custom lowered accessory bracketry for Alt and ac psteering pump.
18.New ac compressor and evaporator.
19. New tranny lines, rake lines, nd fuel lines.
20.New gas tank and sending unit.
21. Rear brakes are original in good shape.
22.Body in good shape but not perfect black shape. Still very nice and respectable. I would say a 7 out of 10.
23.Bed in good condition with the usual dings in it but nothing major as you can see in the pic.
24.Custom wood grain vinyl to replace original estate wood grain vinyl. Very Very Nice lOOKS GREAT!! People love it. Really one of the most unique things about this car. And I have to say as you might have heard before. I think I really screwed up correctly in picking out that vinyl for this car. It just fits perfect with the black paint.
25.New vinyl top
26.Rechromed bumpers in front and rear.
27.All aluminum trim on the car was re-anodized. This process was 3500 alone. Ouchie!!! But there is no replacing the look this adds to the car. Way better than original.
28.New dash pad done by Just Dashes 900 for that. Worth it though. Perfect!
29.All instrumentation in dash was refurbished and redone.(all paint on dials) excellent refurb, orgeous!! There is a flaw in the plastic on the outer plate that covers the clock. Not major but slightly flawed. This is outer plastic. Best I could find. See in pic. Also the speedo was reset to 0 miles when it was redone.
30.Tilt Steering Wheel
32.New Lacara Leather Steering Wheel
33. Redone swivel buckets. They do work.
34.Custom door panels with GMC Sprint stitched on door panel. Very Nice!!
35. New Carpet
36. New headliner
38.Installed two storage tubs. Nice extra storage compared to only one originally.
39. Bed trim was polished and redone. Nice!!
40.New NOS fender well trim.
41.New SS wheels with custom GMC stickers installed in the center caps. Looks original. Should have been made this way from the factory. Sorry had to brag. LOL They look awsome though. See pic.
42. New Cooper Mastercraft Avenger series tires. 60 series on the front and 50 series on the back. 50 series on the back really adds a lot to the look. Awsome!!
43.Custom painted grill with custom silver tipping on front horizontal lines. Done by professional striper. Looks so much better than a solid black grill. I think it adds a lot of class to the car.
44. New rebuilt shifter. This is very nice. Only thing that could be done to this is the spacing alignment is a little off. This is one thing I couldn’t figure out. Still shifts fine just a little off. Park and backup lights work fine.
45. Center console is BEAUTIFUL!! It is as close to NOS as you are going to find. This is a great example. No dents or tears and a great finish, ooks like new.
46. All GMC Sprint emblems were rechromed.
47.New windshield, oor and rear window glass.
48.New window and door seals
49.Door handles were rechromed.
50. Custom cut outs from Dougs. Cool sound! Just for when you need to make a little extra noise. LoL They are not real loud but they do make a difference. The exhaust guy did an awsome job of tucking them in that void space in the rear. Just awsome job. Super neat!!!!
So as you can see this is pretty much a brand new car. And this is “NO RESERVE” DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE!!! Almost everything was replaced on this car. This is an original estate car but it originally had a 350. Sorry I just had to update to a 454. It just begged to be done. Your not dissapointed are you? LOL You just don’t see these restored to this kind of level or I have never seen one done this well. This is a very rare opportunity to own a 73 Sprint Estate fully restored that you can drive anywhere and enjoy and take to shows and other events. Don’t miss this chance. I have other projects going and just don’t take it out enough and I just cant bear to see it go to waste just sittin in the garage. This car has only 575 miles on it since restoration completion. I have never even taken it over 3500 RPM (really that is the truth) because it is just now getting past the break in phase. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at all. Marc 816-529-1535
I also made a video of the restoraton you can see on You Tube be sure and check it out I think you will find it very interesting and entertaining.
or you can just type in 1973 GMC Sprint in the search and look for the one with the red wall. That’s the one you want to watch. In the video you will see a stain on the passenger side header under the car. The galley plug leaked at first and has since been repaired. Still stain though. Oh well, lmost perfect. This car is sold as is with no warranties whatsoever, f course. Happy bidding!!!On Oct-23-15 at 07:11:42 PDT, eller added the following information:
One add on. I did also put 2" lowering springs on the front from Global West also.On Oct-24-15 at 11:40:55 PDT, eller added the following information:
There is one other thing I forgot. The tranny has the wrong speedo gear in it. The miles per our are about 10 to 12 off. so if your going 50 your really doing 60 or 62. This is not the original tranny and it came out of a truck so there is a difference of some kind from the original 350 turbo tranny. Please write or call with any questions at all. All works great except this. Thanks