1951 GMC 1/2 Ton Short Bed Pickup, Chevy
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Model: 100
- SubModel: Pickup
- Type: Truck
- Trim: Pickup
- Year: 1951
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 101-22-S-6788
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 228 CID I6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: --
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 GMC 100 Pickup
1951 GMC Â½ Ton Short Bed
Up for auction is a 1951 GMC Â½ ton short bed truck.This truck is very high on the "cool scale" and gets a TON of attention wherever you go.That could be good or bad depending on how much attention you like.I've had the truck for about three years, stored for a while and then decided to clean it up and make it a driver.It had some work done to it in the past, some panels and doors replaced and looks like it was well taken car of.It runs and drives but won't win any races.It drives like an old truck, still stock and would need a little more time put into it to be a daily driver.Clean CA title in my name.Currently registered.
- Stock 228ci inline six.Engine runs really well and does not smoke.Starts right up with manual choke when cold.
- Stock 3-spd gearbox with column shift.Column shift works great but gearbox gets stuck in third gear if you stop still in gear.It's not that hard to remember to shift out of third when you're driving around but should be dealt with.
- Engine and rear end leak a little oil. Trans leaks the most.
- Stock sized 16" steel wheels with 215/85/16 tires.Tires have 90% tread left on them.
- Rear leaf springs are new (stock)
- Suspension is stock and has not been gone through.Not knowing what the next owner preferred I decided to leave it the way it is.
- Truck vibrates above 45mph or so.See above.
- Stock 6V system with generator.
- Headlight, park and brake lights all work.
- Temp, AMP and oil pressure gauges work
- Fuel gauge not working.I would guess it's the sending unit but have not checked.
- Horn, heater and windshield wipers not hooked up.
- No turn signals
- Very solid and straight with only a couple areas of rust.
- Passenger floorboard has some fiberglass repair from a previous owner and a little in the bottom cab corners.
- Doors and some panels replaced in the past, later rear fender so a side-mounted spare could be used.
- Paint was old and heavily oxidized so a "faux-patina" look was created.It has not been clear coated so it could be left to fade or easily restored to very nice condition.
- Wooden bed in great shape
- Seat belts added
- New headliner