1951 GMC 1/2 Ton Short Bed Pickup, Chevy
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Model: 100
- SubModel: Pickup
- Type: Truck
- Trim: Pickup
- Year: 1951
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 101-22-S-6788
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 228 CID I6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: --
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 GMC 100 Pickup
1951 GMC Â½ Ton Short Bed
Up for auction is a 1951 GMC Â½ ton short bed truck. This truck is very high on the â€œcool scaleâ€ and gets a TON of attention wherever you go. That could be good or bad depending on how much attention you like. Iâ€™ve had the truck for about three years, stored for a while and then decided to clean it up and make it a driver. It had some work done to it in the past, some panels and doors replaced and looks like it was well taken car of. It runs and drives but wonâ€™t win any races. It drives like an old truck, still stock and would need a little more time put into it to be a daily driver. Clean CA title in my name. Currently registered.
- Stock 228ci inline six. Engine runs really well and does not smoke. Starts right up with manual choke when cold.
- Stock 3-spd gearbox with column shift. Column shift works great but gearbox gets stuck in third gear if you stop still in gear. Itâ€™s not that hard to remember to shift out of third when youâ€™re driving around but should be dealt with.
- Engine and rear end leak a little oil. Trans leaks the most.
- Stock sized 16â€ steel wheels with 215/85/16 tires. Tires have 90% tread left on them.
- Rear leaf springs are new (stock)
- Suspension is stock and has not been gone through. Not knowing what the next owner preferred I decided to leave it the way it is.
- Truck vibrates above 45mph or so. See above.
- Stock 6V system with generator.
- Headlight, park and brake lights all work.
- Temp, AMP and oil pressure gauges work
- Fuel gauge not working. I would guess itâ€™s the sending unit but have not checked.
- Horn, heater and windshield wipers not hooked up.
- No turn signals
- Very solid and straight with only a couple areas of rust.
- Passenger floorboard has some fiberglass repair from a previous owner and a little in the bottom cab corners.
- Doors and some panels replaced in the past, later rear fender so a side-mounted spare could be used.
- Paint was old and heavily oxidized so a â€œfaux-patinaâ€ look was created. It has not been clear coated so it could be left to fade or easily restored to very nice condition.
- Wooden bed in great shape
- Seat belts added
- New headliner