1992 GMC Sierra K2500 6.5L Turbo Diesel Regular Cab Barn Find Mint
Price: US $8,800.00 Item location: Marshall, Minnesota, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Model: Sierra 2500
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: SLE
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 190,000
- VIN: 1GTGK24F7NE545108
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 6.5L Turbo
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4X4
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 GMC Sierra 2500 SLESunday 06-24-2018 07:38 pm CST:
I was looking at the car fax report (first time) in my add, I had no idea that there were 9 owners of this truck, the previous owner lead me to believe I was the 4th. I don't know if he knew for sure or it is was just an anecdotal story. Anyway, take it for what it is worth, I stand by my description below with the exception of the issue of purchase from the "original" owner. Thanks for looking and I hope that doesn't matter as to the number of owners. The truck is in great condition. Thanks for looking.
For Sale is this barn find, Washington State, rust free GMC Sierra diesel 4X4 pick up. I was looking for a totally different pick up when I came across this one. It is very rare to find these old 6.5 turbo diesel GM trucks in this good of condition so I bought it. It certainly can be a daily driver truck but it shouldn't be. Not because it isn't a great running/driving truck but because it is too nice! Seriously, it is rust free from bottom to top, the paint is great and the interior is very clean with little to no noticeable wear. The pictures you see show the truck in the state that I bought it, no cleaning has been done although I do plan to detail and wax the truck before it sells.
What I know about the truck is that a farmer from here in Minnesota bought it from the original owner in WA state, he brought it back, kept it for a while and sold it to another MN farmer. The truck was rarely use in MN and was only driven in summer months and parked in the barn in the winter. The WA state owner had the truck ordered as a "Camper Special" and used it that way until he sold it. It only ran about 7000 miles per year since new and all but approximately 15,000 of the total were in Washington State. I Have driven it over 1000 since I have owned it. I am selling it because it really isn't what I need and it should go to a home where the owner can appreciate what it is and how rare it is. After about 1200 miles (and counting, as I will be driving every day until it sells) I know this about it:
* I am converting the a/c from R12 to 134a modern refrigerant* Installing TPS sensor to improve AT shifting. I was told it has a shift kit in if for the mountain driving with a heavy camper. Chevy dealer told me this new TPS will smooth out the shift pattern. The 4L80E Trans is excellent and dry!* Brakes stop the truck true and straight and rotors stop it with not chatter at all
* Tires, two at 70%, two at 60% and all are matching
* Batteries are new* Quarter size ding on the passenger side door (in the pics).* Windshield is cracked but I will replace with a new one for the right sale price.* Cruise control works exactly as it should* all vent controls cycle properly and the backlights work* The upgraded factory cassette radio functions work, speakers are good with no distortion and the base/treble feature works.
* Electric windows are fast up and down and the glass is not scratched* Power locks work* Has class 4 hitch with 7 way RV plug and additional power plug at the hitch* Has camper power plug in the box (see pic)* Tail gate opens and closes like it is sitting in the showroom circa 1992* Both doors open and close like new and do not sag. Notice the moulding and pinstripe alignment in the pictures.*4X4 works in both high and low range* The underside of the truck is rust free and virtually dry with no drips.* The 6.5L turbo diesel runs fantastic, has all the power it ever had and all 8 glow plugs were replaced a few thousand miles ago. It starts right up and idles smooth. As you know, this is the mechanical pump version of these 6.5 diesels so you won't have the PMD issue that all '94-2000 6.5's had.* Has G80 locking differential and GT5 4.10 gears (quiet and no whine).
* Take notice of the original factory window sticker, build code sticker and Camper Special build sticker.* If you don't want the tool box I will subtract $150 from the sales price.
The Truck is not new and I offer no warranty but seriously it is in fantastic condition and should be kept as a classic Sunday parade driver pickup. I have applied for a clean/clear lien free MN title and it should be arriving soon. If the truck sells prior to title coming, the sale will be recorded at the MN vehicle registrar's website and will come with an official MN bill of sale. Title will be forthcoming when I get it. Green, paper money is always a good way to pay for the truck however under the right conditions I will accept a certified bank, business or personal check. Paypal or credit card can work too but you will pay the fees. Shipping and delivery are also available for a fee and we can discuss those terms when you buy it. Contact me through eBay with any questions and I will respond pronto. Thank you, John.