1981 GMC Caballero
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Model: Other
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 20,701
- VIN: 1GTCW80H9BD500606
- Color: Burgundy
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 GMC Other
Our Online Auction Policies
- We charge you NO additional document fees or title processing fees for our machinery, boat or vehicle listing. Some vehicles will not be open to bidders from New York State.
- We encourage all of our potential buyers to inspect items and ask questions before they bid.
- We attempt at all times to describe our items fairly and accurately. Please read our descriptions carefully. Often these items are consigned to us so we must rely on the owner’s description and our own cursory inspection of the items. If you find that our item is misrepresented we will refund your money.
- If you have under 10 feed back we will ask that you call our office with verifiable contact information before you bid on our auctions. Those who fail to do so will have their bid cancelled.
- Unless a shipping cost is included, or we list items as “free shipping”, shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer. We will do our best to cooperate with your shipper but be aware that our business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. All pick ups must be during business hours unless other arrangements have been made IN ADVANCE.
- Our affiliated Company, Main Line Auto is a licensed NYS Repair Shop, Public Inspection Station and Automobile Dealer. DMV 7114472
- Our Address is 5621 Cascade Road, Lake Placid, NY 12946. Our phone number is 518-524-2645. You may call or text.
TheGMC Sprintis acoupe utility/pickupthat was produced byGMCfor the 1971–1977model years. The Sprint was renamedCaballerofor the 1978 model year and was produced through 1987. Therear-wheel-drivecar based pickups were sold by GMC Truck dealers mainly in theUnited StatesandCanada. The Sprint/Caballero is GMC's version of theChevrolet El Camino. Trim designations, emblems, and wheel trim differentiate the GMC from theChevrolet. TheGM A platformwas downsized for 1978. In 1982, the vehicle became theG platformas the A platform switched tofront-wheel drive.
Our 1981 Caballero is in survivor condition. It looks as though it has undergone at least a partial repaint. The odometer shows 20,701 miles with a 5 digit dial. I know the car was stored for a number of years but I cannot be sure of the actual mileage. Pedal wear would indicate that it may will be 120,701. It didn’t come with service records so there is no way for me to really know. The title I will be transferring was issued in 2008. We acquired this car as part of an estate liquidation.
The overall condition is good, it runs well, drives well and stops well. Though I suspect that you can drive it home I always recommend a trailer or shipping it to be safe.
Exhaust system is a custom dual
The paint is in good condition over all but there are several spots where the clear is peeling. There is bubbling in several spots which we have tried to capture in the photos.
There looks to be a slight leak from the output shaft seal on the tranny. Nothing I would worry about at the moment.
The inspection cover for the torque converter/flywheel is missing. I am going to try to source one since a rock could kick up and do major damage.
The interior I would say is below average for the age. Dash pad is cracked, door cards are scratched and cloth is faded. Radio is aftermarket. Car is equipped with AC but the blower motor isn’t working so I can’t tell if it is blowing cold.
Power Door locks work, as do power windows.
Vehicle appears to be compete. Tonneau cover along with a new tonneau is included. Bed has a factory installed bed liner.
As always I strongly recommend that you come look at the car before you bid. I have done my best to describe what I see, but I haven’t done more than a cursory inspection of this car.
I am always happy to answer any questions you may have or send additional pics of videos if you wish. You may call or text Chris 518-524-2646 or contact us through message on eBay.