1968 GMC Short Bed Step Side C10 Unmolested Original California Truck
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Model: C10 Truck
- SubModel: Step Side Short Bed
- Trim: 1500
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 160,000
- VIN: CE10CZB22475
- Color: Cream/White
- Engine size: 307
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Three Speed on Column
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 GMC C10 Truck Step Side Short Bed
You are bidding on a One Owner, Unmolested, True Patina, 1968 GMC Short Bed California Truck. True find that runs and drives great. All original in wonderful working condition.
I bought this truck from the original owner 2 months ago in California. I shipped it home to Pennsylvania with every intent of keeping it, but as a business owner I need to part with it.
Included is original build sheet, protecto-plate and owners manual. The build sheet shows it was built in Fremont, California Plant (They build the Tesla at this factory now). As you can see from the build sheet, the truck was built on June 3, 1968 and sent 20 miles across the bay to Redwood City, California. The person I bought it from bought it 10 days later on June 13, 1968 from Balestra Pontiac in Redwood City (it is a Starbucks now)and drove it home 2.5 miles where it lived until I bought it 2 months ago. The only thing new on this truck is tires, dash pad, clutch, brakes, mirrors, pedals and motor mounts, everything else has been cleaned, rebuilt or restored.
Highlights from after I purchased the truck:
· Rebuilt and installed original, numbers matching 307 motor. The motor and carb were professionally rebuilt and installed with over $2500 in receipts. I have put 500 miles on the newly rebuilt motor to work some minor bugs (see below), but now it runs and drives like a champ.
· Cleaned the truck with a good scrub, wash and wax. The truck cleaned up and waxed nice considering it is almost 50 year old paint. It does shine!
· Painted and detailed engine compartment (Wasn’t that dirty to begin with)
· Newly balanced driveshaft
· Carb was rebuilt by a gentleman in Reading, PA who specializes in 50’s and 60’s Chevrolet Carbs. I bought a Summit rebuilt and it ran like junk, so I hunted down the right person to make sure it was rebuilt and restored to factory perfect. It was worth it, it runs and looks killer.
· New Tires that have 500 miles on them.
· New Clutch
· New Motor Mounts
· New dash pad that came with the truck
· Windows go up and down with ease
· Doors open and close nice
· Very tight when you drive, doors and windows are tight.
· Shifts great-3 on the tree
· All gauges work
· Original GMC hubcaps and beauty rings in good condition with no major dents. These came from the factory
· Brakes work great and it stops on a dime
· Steers nice with no play
· All body lines are very tight and you can tell it hasn’t been messed with.
· Cab corners are very solid and do not have any rust in them
· All fenders are very solid and do not have any rust in them
· Floor pans are very solid with no rust
· Doors are very solid with no rust
· Door frames are very solid with no rust
· Seat is in great condition with no rips or holes
· Back slider works great and does not leak
· Dash is in great shape with no scratches or dents, all original.
· Radio works
· Bed is straight and corner pockets are not bent in, no rust, only surface patina.
• New front window
• Heater Core
• Minor rust repair; Rockers, Drip Rail and minor window frame.
Bed floor is under the plywood and needs the wood replaced, but the metal frame is there intact.
This is a great truck that turns heads wherever it goes and looks like it came straight out of the 60’s. Happy Bidding and please message me with any questions or if you need extra photos. Thank you!