1992 Geo Storm Base Hatchback 2-Door 1.6L (Manual)
Price: US $489.00 Item location: Hollister, California, United States
- Make: Geo
- Model: Storm
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Base Hatchback 2-Door
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 138,939
- VIN: J81RF2366N7536222
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 1.6L 1588CC 98Cu. In. l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Geo Storm Base Hatchback 2-DoorRestored 1992 Geo Storm. So far here is what I have done, so it runs great again.:) NEW: cap and rotor, distributor,Iridium Champion spark plugs, ignition wires, water pump and gasket, Drive, Serpentine, and Timing belts(All new, three belts), valve gasket, clutch cable, wipers, synthetic oil and oil filter, coolant, power steering, and brake fluids. I still need to bleed the brakes to get it on the road again. The engine runs great, however. I recently got a new car so I am selling this one cheap to anyone who wants to finish the brakes and have a sporty little Geo to tool around in as a fun car. It has working air conditioning and heater, and a great Blaupunkt radio/cd sound system.I have three extra keys for you, and it has an alarm system. Sky Blue color. A few scratches and dings.Until the brakes are bled of air, I cannot drive it to you, so you have to tow it to wherever you live. As is! Needs to be registered again and smogged. I have Form Reg 256 from the DMV for you, which waives you of all past reg feesGreg 831 537-4176
Regarding back registration fees. You do not pay any if you did not own the car prior to transfer, and file Form Reg 256, Statement of Facts (Reg fee waiver form...I have this form). The following is from the DMV:
3.075 Waiver of Fees and/or Penalties (CVC §9562)
The conditions under which fees and/or penalties may be waived are specific as explained in this section.Transfer Applications
- Penalties (only)may be waived upon payment of the registration fees due when the department determines that the penalties accruedprior tothe date the transferee (including a dealer) purchased the vehicleandthe transferee was not aware that the fees for the current or prior registration years were unpaid and due. (CVC §9562a)
- Registration fees and penaltiesmay be waivedonlywhen the department determines that the registration fees became dueprior tothe transferee's (including a dealer) purchase dateandthe transferee was not aware that the fees were unpaid and due.
- The license plate assigned to the vehiclemust displaya valid year sticker issued by the department that matches the year for which the transferee is requesting a waiver of fees and penalties. (CVC §9562c)
- AStatement of Facts(REG 256) stating that the transferee was not aware the fees were unpaid and due, and giving the sticker number on the license plate,must besubmitted with the application.
- Penalties (only)-May be waived upon payment of the registration fees due when the department determines that the penalties accrued through no fault or intent of the owner. (CVC §9562b)
- Registration fees and penalties-May be waivedonlywhen the department determines the registration fees became dueprior tothe applicant's purchase/ transfer date and the license plate assigned to the vehicle displays a current validation sticker which matches the year for which fees are in question.
- The transfer fee and any other fees duemust bepaid. If a current validation sticker is not displayed on the license plate, all registration fees duemust bepaid andonlythe penalties may be waived.
- AStatement of Facts(REG 256) stating the sticker number on the license plate and that the applicant/dealer was not aware of any unpaid fees and penaltiesmust besubmitted with the application.