1966 ford mustang Shelby Tribute A code Calif Original NO RUST or DAMAGE loaded
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 24,112
- VIN: 6R07A166711
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 289 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang
RENT- A- RACER! It HERTZ to sell this one.
You are viewing my choice 1966 first generation rust free “R” code Mustang ( R second digit in VIN shows San Jose, alifornia built, n Shelby Hertz G.T. 350-H, Rent –A- Racer clothing.
This is a true Sold Los Angeles California car. (DSO 71) and has never seen salty back east roads. Out of my collection of pristine fine Southern California car collection this is my best 66 ! This is my personal car I take on Sunday drives and go to car shows with.
This car came from the factory with Pony Interior and a rare Rally Pac option which I updated to a 8000 RPM (FORD) Digital one. These are not to be found as the FORD name cannot be used on this item no longer.
This car is a blast to drive and gets a lot of attention everywhere it goes. You get allot of rubber necking and jaw dropping with this car. Everything was stripped from the car including door handles, umpers, mblems etc before being painted with a high quality Raven Black DuPont brand paint. Then Le Mans racing stripes were painted to exact Shelby specifications using the correct paint/powder then a clear coat applied. A clear coat was added then color sanded and buffed out to a mirror shine. No paint edges. Many hours of block sanding went into this paint job to give it a very straight razor finish. Just look at the side shots, ook at the reflections. They are as clear as a picture and those are reflections! No Chips, ents or Scratches. This is a fresh restoration of a classic beauty right out of my collection of RUST-FREE California cars!
You can always tell if your mustang is a Frankenstein meaning put together with many after market panels and parts. NOT THIS ONE! Always check door gaps and alignment to fenders and quarter panels for factory assembled gaps between panels. You will find that on this car.
I went over board in this restoration with no expense spared as this was a keeper car of mine. I had the FACTORY ORIGINAL FLOORPANS scrubbed clean, hen red oxide primed them like the factory did back in 66’. This is a true California car with an “R” as the 2nd digit in the vin and a DSO 71 for Los Angeles. The floor pans were carefully inspected for any rust before the carpet was laid. (see pics) You could eat off those original floor pans! Not a hint of rust anywhere!! This is NOT your typical back East car with replaced floor pans that had rust. All the panels on this car are original. Check out that factory Red Oxide primer on the interior of the floor pans! No previous accidents here to be found! Try finding that here on Ebay!
Looking for one to call your own and appreciate in value as would a solid car like this? Or maybe a problem free car that you can drive across the states? You have found it.
This car is equipped with a 289 V8 motor. Both the engine and C4 Transmission run smooth and strong being recently rebuilt rebuilt about 10k mile ago.
Everything is new in this car. There is nothing you can do but to just drive it and have some serious fun! I have listed a build sheet below that shows the parts that are new. 1966 Ford Mustang Shelby Hertz Recreation Build Sheet:
Body and Interior, ll new below
1. Body was stripped of all parts and repainted with a high end Dupont Raven Black paint. Correct Gold dust Shelby stripes and clear coat, olor sanded and buffed.
2. Front Billet Grill with Shelby Badge.
3. Door handles
4. Window rubber seals
5. Door rubber seals
6. Window rollers
7. Full carpet kit
8. Pony seat upholstery and seat buns
9. Seat moldings
10. Padded console with cup holders
11. Pony door panels, nterior Quarter Panels Pony Vinyl wrapped to spec.
13. Kick panels with Speakers and Rear package tray 6x9 speakers.
14. Wood Shelby style steering wheel
15. Shelby floor mats
16. Door sills
17. Dash bezel chrome
18. Digital Rally Pac, ach and Clock column mounted.
19. Front parking lights complete
20. Tail light bezels and lenses
21. Dash pad
The floor pans under the car where completely stripped and cleaned then red oxide primer like factory specs. Pics of inside floor pan showing original factory red oxide primer Super clean!
1. Completely rebuilt motor with RV cam 2. Water pump 3. Fuel pump and lines 4. Four row radiator and hoses 5. Thermostat 6. Distributor 7. Voltage regulator and Flamethrower Coil 8. Alternator 9. 8MM Spark Plug engine wiring 10. Engine compartment fully painted with Cad Plated bolts. 11. Total aluminized exhaust system with GT exhaust tips out rear valance. 12. Full Engine Cobra dress up kit with Oval air cleaner.
C4 Automatic Transmission, ll new below
1. Completely rebuilt transmission 2. shifter bushings 3. heater core 4. heater plenum
Suspension, ll new below
1. Shelby Coil Springs 2. Four new shocks 3. Upper control arms 4. Lower control arms 5. New Disc Brakes and Power Booster 6. Ball joints 7. Tie rod ends 8. Quick steer GT steering 9. GT sway bar 10. Power Steering 11. New Alternator 12. New Radiator 13. GT rated coil springs 14. strut rod bushings 15. rear leaf springs 16. all new brakes with brake lines and adjustable proportioning valve. 17. New dual master cylinder with Power Booster 18. Shelby 10 Spoke Alloy rims with CS center caps and BFG TA radial tires all new.
This rust free straight California original recreation of that famous rent a car will make someone a proud owner with no disappointments. Check out my feedbacks… I have sold many very nice Mustangs with 100% positive feedback and people are just amazed with the cars I sell. Once my collection is gone, t’s gone.
Most early mustangs run hot. NOT THIS ONE! The modifications to the spark and breathing attribute to the engine running cool.
Vin # 6R07A166711 Door tag BODY 65A COLOR 5 TRIM 65A DATE 16B DSO 71 AXLE 1 Trans 6
You can contact me by phone at (310) 227-6860 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buyer accepts full responsibility to pick up the car after auction. I will assist in any way possible. Car is being sold AS IS WHERE IS. This is a used car so there is no warranty or implied. A 10% deposit is due within 48 hours from end of auction. Balance is to be paid within 10 days from end of auction. I reserve the right to sell this car locally.