1965 Red Convertible GT 4 Speed Restored to Original Matching Numbers
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: GT
- Type: Convertible
- Doors: 2
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 76,172
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 289 V8
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Mustang GT
** THIS CAR IS PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN CAMBRIDGE MA **
What we have here is an all original 1965 Mustang GT Convertible with 76,172 miles on the odometer. This car has been completely restored to original and is finished in Rangoon Red complemented a beautiful Red and White Pony Interior. This car is stunning and is in overall outstanding condition.
With the possible exception of an original K-car, rguably the most sought-after Mustang is the first-year factory GT. This particular specimen is a truly scarce animal – a factory Pony convertible (one of just 5,538 that were produced 50 years ago). Throw in a factory-equipped GT package, 4-speed manual transmission, ower steering, ower convertible top, /C, ull center console, nd Rally Pac, nd you have one of a handful of treasures that survive. Professionally restored nearly 20 years ago in Texas, his car has been driven minimally and meticulously cared for.
What makes this piece of Americana so special:
• A-Code engine, actory GT with 4V intake manifold (date-correct) and carburetor
• 5-gauge instrumentation bezel
• Correct factory-rounded dash cutout to accommodate round speedometer
• “Moustache” glove box door
• Correctly mounted Dual Exhaust with trumpeted tailpipes exiting through rear valance
• Kelsey-Hayes front disk brakes and proportioning valve, arger disc brake master cylinder with clip-on cap
• DISK BRAKE identified on pedal pad
• Factory fog lights with correctly-located switch on the underside of the dash, ust inside driver’s side door.
• Switch activates both the fog lights and the rear tail lights
• Back side of each fog light is secured to grill by a nut
• GT ornamentation badge on front fenders
• MUSTANG chrome letters inside of a triple stripe on front fenders
• Stripes from front wheel well to rear wheel well
• Equipped with a bright hood lip molding
• Crush brackets inside rear frame rails where the rear exhaust hanger bolts go through the frame
• Correctly-located rear brake hose on the upper portion of the floor pan
• Reinforcement plates under rear seat for muffler hanger brackets
• GT-correct power steering box (HCC-AW) with correct date on tag
• Styled steel wheels with dual red-striped tires
• 170psi compression in all 8 cylinders
• Date-correct tag attached to differential case
• VIN and build date are accurate for GT, ased on data contained in Smart & Haskell’s book, In Search of Mustangs”
• Only about 4% of A/K code engines were original factory GT’s
• Fewer than 1% (5,538) of nearly 560,000 Mustangs built in 1965 were convertibles with Deluxe (Pony) Interior
Based on the above numbers, reasonable estimate of the production number of 1965 GT convertibles with Pony Interior is 225-275 units. Conservatively assuming that 50% of those were equipped with 4-speed manual transmission, t most 125-150 units were produced. How many have survived 50 years? Not many!
This car is for the true collector and offers a rare opportunity to own a classic masterpiece of Americana, true and solid number 2 car. Do not let the opportunity to own this car pass you by. We have priced this vehicle to provide you the best deal on a car of this caliber.
If you want to know the RESERVE on the car - CALL ME - (978) 771-8375
If you would like to talk about a Buy It Now purchase - CALL ME (978) 771-8375
My name is Paul please call me direct with any questions - my cell phone is always with me at (978) 771-8375 or you can email me anytime at email@example.com
I promise you will enjoy your experience at Silverstone Motorcars. We'll gladly deliver this vehicle to your doorstep.
*** THIS CAR IS PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN CAMBRIDGE, A ***