1962 Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster (Low Mileage)
Price: US $18,000.00 Item location: Carmel Valley, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- SubModel: Sports Roadster
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Sports Roadster
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 48,974
- VIN: 2Y89Z147982
- Engine size: 390 V-8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Ford Thunderbird Sports RoadsterA rare, erified 1962 Thunderbird Sports Roadster for sale.
The VIN # on this Thunderbird verifies that it is indeed one of the 1427 Sports Roadsters ever built. The owner of the car is at least the second owner. It is currently stored in Carmel Valley, alifornia in a warehouse. The current owner has owned the car for over 20 years. It was recently prepared for a repaint, ut instead is now for sale as is. It is complete will all trim and interior parts.
The car starts, uns and stops. While idling, here is a knock in the engine thatdissipatesafter accelerating. I was not able to drive the car long enough to determine the condition of the transmission.
There are a number of fairly simple and straight forward issues that need to be addressed before this car is ready for the car show:
- No air filter
- Idling knock that dissipates (likely a spark plug issue)
- White smoke emitting from the tailpipe
- Needs to be cleaned
- Front and back seats have been re-upholstered
- Dash is clean, o cracks
- Steering wheel is clean, urns easily and tilts to the right correctly
- Instrument panel is clean
- Floor panels are straight and clean except for one area where rust has begin to form, ut not go all the way through
- All interior moldings are present including tonneau cover. One molding is broken.
- Trunk area has only one spot that has rusted through
- We cannot verify functionality of power windows, ower seats, ower locks or radio in car's current state.
- Body is straight on both sides
- Needs paint
- All trim is available, ut will need a thorough polishing and/or re-chroming.
- One Bird emblem has broken plastic and one script has broken "T"
- Top vinyl is complete and not torn. There are color blemishes throughout.
- Owner claims that work was completed on the convertible top, ut we cannot verify that it works in the car's current state.
- We cannot verify that the lights function in the car's current state.
Upon winning the auction, lease make an immediate confirmation payment of $500. The remaining amount must be paid by cashier's check or personal check within 7 days of auction close. There will be no refunds.
Please ask ANY AND ALL questions you may have BEFORE you bid. You can reach Eric at 831-224-5016 to discuss the vehicle if needs be.
Thank you and good luck!!!