1974 FORD F-250 XLT One Owner Low Miles V8 460 Auto AC Excellent Condition !
Price: US $6,123.00 Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- SubModel: RANGER XLT Styleside
- Type: Cab & Chassis
- Trim: XLT
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 44,136
- VIN: F25JLT50312
- Color: Ginger/Yellow
- Engine size: 460 CI V8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Ford F-250 RANGER XLT Styleside* 1974 FORD F-250 XLT RANGER Styleside *
Before you and up for bid is my 1974 FORD F-250 XLT Ranger Styleside Pickup. The particulars of the FORD are as follows:
* A one owner unrestored F-250 truck that was purchased new from Christie Motor Sales in Langdon, .D. Ordered on 2/26/74, elivery took place on 7/16/74.
* A garaged & pampered, on-smoker North Dakota ranch truck, ts owner was a lifelong FORD mechanic/technician.
* The F-250 has NEVER been involved in any accidents.
* Minimally driven over the course of its life, he truck was not utilized for winter driving, nd therefore not exposed to salt or winter corrosives. It is a solid truck with zero rust.
* The truck had a base price of $3172.17 in 1974. It was ordered with $2062.67 worth of options, ringing the total to $5373.84.
The optional equipment is as follows:
Special Paint, wo-tone in Hot Ginger Metallic and Sandpiper Yellow. 460 CI V8, his was the first year FORD offered the 460 ci in a truck. RANGER XLT, his was the top of the line trim level for 1974 Cruise O Matic Automatic Transmission Power Steering Air Conditioning 6900 GVW Package Ammeter & Oil Gauge LH Remote Control Mirror AM Radio Tinted Glass 22.5 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank Auxiliary Rear Spring Rear Step Bumper Dual Electric Horns Upgraded Tires
* In 2000, s the owner was preparing to retire, is son had the truck repainted in the correct FORD paint codes as a retirement gift. It was a quality job. The truck was then driven less than 1000 miles over the next 15 years until this year.
* Only 44,136 miles, f which approximately 3K were driven by me during the last month.
* At 15 years of age, he paint looks amazing with excellent reflection and luster. (see pics) The difference being is that the truck was clear coated after the repaint which wasn't done by the factory in 1974.
* To allay any doubts or apprehensions regarding whether the F-250 is road worthy, personally drove the truck from North Dakota to Colorado without issue. The following week I then drove the truck another 2000 miles down to S. Florida...it never missed a beat. It is entirely road worthy and capable of being driven home to anywhere in America. It is a testament to the care it has received its entire life.
* Big Block 460 CI V8, s mentioned, his was a first year offering from FORD. The engine starts on the first turn of the key and holds a smooth idle. The engine is strong & tight, he 460 resonates well through the exhaust. There are NO annoying drips or leaks anywhere.
* The C-6 transmission shifts smoothly throughout all upshifts and into reverse...NO clunking.
* Factory transmission and oil cooler
* Power Steering provides effortless maneuvering of the truck.
* Power brakes
* The interior I would rate a 9 out of 10. The seat is in excellent condition with no wear or use collapse.
* The door panels are in very good condition.
* The driver side of the carpet has a small heel wear area.
* The dash is perfect with NO cracks or warps.
* The steering well does present with some small cracks
* Perfect Headliner
* Excellent sun visors
* The AM radio still plays fine, he speakers are not broken or distorted
* All buttons, nobs and stalks are present
* ICE COLD Air Conditioning, t was retrofitted in 2001, xcellent heat and defrost, ll fan speed settings are operational, o broken duct flaps
* All gauges and displays are fully illuminated and operational
* All safety features are fully operational, horn, ipers, asher, mergency flashers, tc. )
* All lights are fully operational, high and low beams, rake lights, ide markers, urn signals, everse lights, ll interior cab lights, love box light, nder hood light
* Both fuel tanks are fully operational, ruising range is approximately 400 miles.
* The lighter outlet is operational (phone)
* All weatherstripping is soft and pliable
* All factory original FORD glass, O cracks or chips, he windows roll up and down smoothly
* All locks are operational, anually or by key
* The bed has been LINE X'd
* Heavy Duty tow package with period brake controller, orks properly
* The mirrors are auxiliary, he originals will accompany the sale
* Excellent bumpers, right chrome, o pits
* The bright work trim is in very good condition throughout with a few minor dings.
* Excellent grill, o breaks
* Emergency brake holds firm
* Period Correct Aluminum Camper shell, t is clamp mounted to the bed, ith no holes drilled. Recently, he rubber seals were replaced to ensure and maintain a protective and proper fit. Equipped with racks for a canoe or small boat.
* Recent service included all fresh fluids, oil, ransmission, rake, ower steering & differential ) belts, oses, ilters, he plugs are recent as are the wires and cap.
* All 4 FIRESTONE tires have approximately 80% of tread wear remaining. The spare is new.
* Original jack and tire tool
* Original books, eys and assorted operational pamphlets. Also included is the original sales brochure, s well as a very rare 1974 FORD truck brochure that was supplemental to a farm periodical of the day.
* Original dealer invoice and all period FORD shop manuals will accompany the sale.
* Requisite period gun rack included at no additional cost. ;-)
At 43 model years of age, he F-250 is in remarkable condition. It is a clean, ight, olid old truck that looks, uns and drives great!Everywhere it goes it receives compliments and the "thumbs up". The truck starts right up and holds a smooth idle. It goes down the road directly where you point it, nd stops assuredly.
For those interested, es, he truck is EMP proof.
You are bidding to purchase the F-250, ot to be the first to "look at it". Thank you.
Please have your funding in place prior to placing your bid. Thank you.
Please consult with your spouse, herapist, et, r MAGIC 8-BALL, rior to placing your bid, s I am not running a clinic for the confused.
Transportation and/or shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will gladly coordinate with your chosen shipper. I can also recommend a reputable carrier for you if needed.
The truck and I are presently located in S.W. Florida. (Naples/Ft. Myers vicinity)
If you elect to fly in and drive home, will gladly pick you up from the S.W. Florida International Airport in Ft. Myers.
As previously mentioned, have personally demonstrated that this truck can be driven distance. I have the utmost confidence that it could be driven home safely to anywhere in America.
I have set a reasonable and fair reserve for the truck. It is commensurate with the condition of the truck, he ownership history and the low miles. DO NOT ask me what the reserve is, s I will not disclose it. Bid what you can afford and are willing to pay for the exemplary condition 1974 FORD F-250 XLT RANGER Styleside pickup truck that you see before you.
A $1000.00 initial payment is due & payable VIA PayPal within 24 hours of auction close. NO exceptions.
The balance is then due and payable within 7 days thereafter under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer.
I do NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase amount, nly the initial $1000.00 payment. The balance is to be paid by a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer. I will accept cash in person if you are to fly in and drive home provided that it is within the 7 day period following the auction.
The winning bidder is required to call me within 24 hours of auction close to discuss further arrangements.
The truck and the title to the truck, ill not be released until the truck has been paid for in full. Upon receipt of payment in full, will overnight VIA FEDEX the title and bill of sale to the new owner. If you are to fly in and drive home, will offer the option of hand delivering these to you upon arrival.
If you are "new" to eBay, ave 0% feedback or excessive negative feedback, ou will need to call me prior to placing your bid and express your intentions. If you do not call prior, our bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. This is to preserve the integrity of the auction.
I am not a dealer, am a collector/hobbyist and a legitimate seller simply seeking a legitimate buyer.
Clear Colorado title in my name.
Since 2007, have sold more than 30 of my vehicles on eBay with almost all having had their expectations exceeded. Where used vehicles are concerned, ondition is open to interpretation. I always strive to accurately and honestly represent the condition of a vehicle, nd am very thorough in my description(s). There will, owever, lways be "those" individuals that cannot be entirely pleased. Do not assume anything not mentioned or referenced is included. Ask any and all questions freely.
Given the age of the FORD, y bidding you acknowledge your understanding that the truck is being sold in "as is" condition with no written, xpressed or otherwise implied warranties. While the truck is in excellent condition throughout, t is not a new truck. As such, lease have realistic expectations.
Inspections are welcome and will be facilitated to the best of my ability prior to the auction concluding.
eBay provides for only 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the truck. If you would like any area specific pictures, imply ask for them.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", all me and PRESENT your offer. DO NOT call and ask me, what's the lowest that you'll take?"
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail, all me directly with any questions. If you reach voice mail, eave a brief message and I will return your call promptly.
Buyers from the U.S., anada, he UK, urope, ustralia, nd New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence.
If you are looking for an unrestored FORD F-250 from this era, his truck is as clean an example as you are likely to find, ne that has been meticulously maintained, ith low miles, nd an excellent owner history.
This F-250 would make a wonderful Christmas gift for any FORD truck enthusiast, nd I may be available to assist with the delivery in time for the holiday's, o anyone interested.
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!