1978 Ford F150 Camper Special
Price: US $5,000.00 Item location: Frisco, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-150
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Custom Cab & Chassis 2-Door
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 9,999,999
- Engine size: 400
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Ford F-150PLEASE NOTE, MPORTANT: I drove the truck this morning for the first time in a few days, nd felt the transmission slipping in reverse. It could be a vacuum leak, ut I am fearful the bands are slipping and so I reduced the opening bid by $800. If the transmission is, n fact, lipping, ou can replace it yourself for under $500 (C6 transmissions are plentiful). The truck auction will run its course, nd if it doesn't sell I will replace the transmission and re-post at a higher opening bid. Please contact me with any questions.
Very nice 1978 Ford F150 Camper Special with tool box and transmission cooler. This dry Texas truck is a true survivor. The patina on this truck is fantastic, ith honest-to-goodness wear from use and Texas summers. There is no evidence of any body work ever having been done on this truck, ith the original paint showing chips and thinning in several places. There is very minimal rust (bottom corner of one door and both rain rails, hown in pics), nd the truck starts right up and sounds amazing. It's throaty and breathes really well, ith a lot of torque. Windows roll up and down properly, nd wing windows open and close properly as well. Doors, ailgate, ool box door and hood all work as they should, ith no droop or hinge issues. The wheels show well, ut have pitting in some places. This is NOT a project truck unless you want it to be, nd is also NOT a garage queen to take out every third Sunday. This is a great driver, r a perfect start to a lowered cruiser or restoration. The fuel gauge stopped working, o I just pay attention to mileage and drive. Some things to call attention to:
- Has a 400 CID that is newly rebuilt, ith less than 500 miles on it.
- New Holley carb
- New exhaust
- New ignition
- New battery
- New starter solenoid
- New master cylinder and brakes
- New tie rod ends
- Includes working A/C compressor, hich is not in the truck today. It came out for the rebuild. All the A/C plumbing and components are still there, o hooking it back up is up to you.
- I believe the door panels may look better in the pictures than they are in person. By the late 70's Ford had taken to using plastic door panels, hich don't hold up. These look great from 5 feet, ut are cracked. You can get new after market from lots of places like LMC truck for not much money.
- There is a small transmission leak somewhere. Not even enough to leave a spot in the driveway, ut when checking fluids I had to add some.
- The truck needs tires and alignment (because of the new tie rod ends). If you hit the "buy it now" price I will give back $300 toward the price of your tires.
- One of the pictures may appear to have a dent by the tool box door. That is just glare, ecause there is no dent.