1974 Ford Thunderbird, original owner, like new condition
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 door coupe
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 100
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 460 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Ford ThunderbirdVehicle has been in my family since new, nd always in dry, outhern climate - no rust. Never wrecked or in any sort of accident. Was originally bought in Decatur, labama.
Has had a significant amount of recent restoration back to the original condition, ncluding:
- new paint (base coat/clear coat). All trim, oldings, umpers were removed before repaint back to original color (medium ivy yellow, hich according to "Automotive Mileposts" is a rare paint color).
- new vinyl top, ith original equipment pattern/grain, hat matches the body side moldings.
- new headliner, riginal pattern/material. New windshield.
- leather seats, ash, arpet and floor mats are all original. No cracks in the dash or seats.
- engine and transmission were completely overhauled, own to and including the block. New alternator, arb overall, /C upgraded to new freon, ater pump, hocks, rakes, otors, nd wide whitewall tires that are appropriate for the year model. Engine and exhaust is quiet, ith no weird noises, icks, nocks or such. Less than 50 miles since restored.
Code A 460 CID 4V V-8 Engine
(220 Net Horsepower)Carter 4-Barrel Carburetor
Single Exhaust System
4.36" x 3.85" Bore x Stroke
8.0:1 Compression Ratio
Thesixth generation of the Ford Thunderbirdis a largepersonal luxury coupethat was produced byFordfor the 1972 to 1976 model years. A counterpart of theLincoln Continental Mark IV,this generation of the Thunderbird was the largest ever produced; weighing in at over 5,000 pounds, hey are also the heaviest coupes ever produced by Ford (aside from its Mark IV counterpart).The impending fuel crisis was unknown to Ford during the time the 1974 Thunderbird was being updated. Virtually the same car as the Mark IV, he Thunderbird would have to create interest with annual updates. And 1974 was the last year any noticeable changes were made until its next restyle in 1977. The 1974 Thunderbird was introduced on September 20, 973. A total of 58,443 were produced for the model year. The T-Bird averaged 11.6 MPG in combined city/highway driving."1974 Thunderbird. Meticulously designed as only a classic can be. With innovative engineering and a level of road performance unique in all the world. Make a little Thunder of your own."
On Oct-24-15 at 12:53:41 PDT, eller added the following information:
Update to history - The car wasbought in Alabama, nd was there for about ten years. I've had it here in Dallas for the past 30 years. The original family member that bought it was been in a nursing home for years, nd no longer drives. However, his car was her pride and joy, nd has been well maintained.