1958 Ford C800, Vintage Cab Over Car Hauler/Ramp Truck COE Former Fire Truck
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other
- Trim: .
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 54,200
- Engine size: Ford 332HD
- Drive type: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Ford Other1958 Ford C800 cabover customized by Seagrave into a Fire Truck. 54k Original miles. This used to be a ladder Truck with a hydraulic ladder that went up 60+ feet high. I repurposed it into a car hauler but used and kept a lot of the original structure. It spent it's life primarily with the San Bernardino, alifornia Fire Department and later with the City of Clovis,CA Fire Department. It was painted red with the City of San Bernardino and then the City of Clovis painted it white with the Red reflective stripes.
- Original Red lights in front are operational and alternate flashing from side to side. Light bar on top was removed
- Original Amber lights installed in back and alternate flashing from side to side.
- 2 factory spotlights in front work.
- Original Federal radio box and microphone still installed that allows you to talk over the loud speaker or hit yelp button which is a loud emergency vehicle type sound via the loud speaker.
- GVW is 26k, ehicle weighs 13,000lbs. I removed 8k lbs of metal and added 1k of bed material. It has shed about 7k net lbs.
- Vehicle is approx 28' long with a 20' long bed.
- Vehicle pictured on back of bed is 18' long and not included with purchase.
- Engine runs strong and brakes work well
See below for key features.
It is registered as a private car/vehicle with the CA DMV provided I don't use it for commerical use. No added commercial fees required like you do with most trucks. No special license required to drive it as the GVW is under 26,001 and doesn't have air brakes. Black plates are legacy plates and require a $40-50 annual fee to retain.
- C800 model has heavier axles in both front and rear.
- Dual headlights on either side vs the more common single headlights that came on later years
- Dual tires on each side in rear
- Ford 332HD V8 engine. HD stand for heavy duty.
- 4 speed OD manual transmission (5 speed)
- Rear end is set up for highway use, o split axle and or button on shifter needed. Drives at under 3k rpm's at 55+ MPH.
- Added Factory style power steering (from 70's COE's) with new custom made hoses
- Front end has been gone through completely with new King pins, heel cylinders, rake shoes,etc...
- Brand new Falken 22" tires (6 total) with brand new Rims. This is a tubeless set up. Eliminated tubes.
- New custom aluminum 50 gallon tank with modern sending unit. Plumbed it for fuel injection if you want to convert it. Old 20 gallon tank still installed but not hooked up
- New electric fuel pump
- New Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor
- New Pertronix ignition and coil
- new plugs,plug wires, adiator hoses, luids.
- Replaced all rubber brake and clutch lines up front
- New slave cylinder and Clutch master cylinder
- New KYB shocks up front
- New Viair compressor/pump for air horn
- Factory air horn still installed. Noise is a violation of your ears and will scare those within 2 blocks away when you hit button
- NOS side markers and Running lights on roof
- Newly upoulstered seat with fresh foam underneath.
- Dual batteries mounted in one of the boxes with a factory installed switch under front seat to turn power on/off to one or both batteries.
- Look closely at dash and you will see all gauges (aside from speedometer) are auto meter in factory location. Includes fuel level, il pressure, ater temp, attery. Added a larger tachometer.
- All lights function
- 20' long bed (utilized new trailer bed) with pull out ramps. Comes with additional Race ramps if you have a lowered vehicle. I can put a lowered vehicle on no problem.
- New Pierce 9000lb winch with both wired and wireless remote
- White LED lights mounted in center of bed that shine up to illuminate underside of vehicle when tying it down at night.
- 2 White LED High quality lights mounted at top of bed to light up the back of the bed that are extremely bright!
- Repurposed original stainless Rails from truck and mounted to side of the bed on either side.
- Original Boxes still installed on both sides which provides a lot of storage. The far most Front and rear boxes are 7' wide.
- 2 small holes in roof where light bar used to be mounted
- Small ding on top right corner of back of cab
- Driver side door glass cracked
- 4th gear slips out when you get to lower RPM's, e- coming to a stop. I either avoid 4th gear and or hold gear in place when RPM's drop.
- Noticed rear brake lights dimly lit when not in use. I replaced brake pressure switch but haven't further trouble shooted it from there.
- Heater core bypassed (it leaked when hooked up)
buyer is responsible for picking up and or shipping. You can drive it across country but it drives like a truck and gets 5-10 mpg.
I have a source for transporting on the West Coast. I have used a guy named Mike's Heavy Equipment Transportation that will transport this vehicle at your cost within the West Coast. Not sure about anywhere else. You can call/text him at 909-910-7386 for price. His name is Mike.