Model A ford 1928 Tudor
Price: - Item location: Douglassville, Pennsylvania, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Model A
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1928
- Mileage: 8400
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1928 Ford Model AThis auction is for a 1928 Model A ford Tudor sedan. I have owned this car for around 4 years or better. It is a great running Model A. For the better part of those 4 years I kept it up at my Cabin in the Pocono’s mountains here in Pa. It ran up and down the mountains and it never gave me a problem. It is probably the best hill climbing Model A that I have ever driven. I also never had this car over heat, no matter how long the hill or how hot it was outside. It appears that this car was a very nice original car that had been restored years ago. (I do not have any long term history on the car).
- This is a very early Model A being built in April of 1928. This car has it’s original motor in it and the cars still retains many of it’s original early features such as,
- Hood with sloped louvers
- Square shaped starter switch
- Red steering wheel
- Left hand parking brake lever
- Single bulb headlamps
- Early style fuel shot off valve
- Original style Generator also comes with car. (had been replaced with a Alternator).
- Even original floor boards as far as I can tell
- Plus I’m sure others
- The body is very solid and the doors open and close vey well solidly. All 4 windows roll up and down smoothly also. The roof material is in very good shape with no rips or holes. The car had been repainted and still shows well. The paint is not perfect, it does have some scratches and minor flaws, but overall looks good. The interior over all is good with the door panels looking very nice. The headliner has no rips or tears as does the rear seat. The front seat does have some issues. the driver front seat has some tears and the passenger, while not having any tears has a large stain on the bottom cushion. I made a makeshift cover for the drivers and drove it this way since I have had it. I checked with a local upholsterer and he said he could recover them for 600.00 which I was going to have done before selling but he is booked up for a while and I wanted to sell it before the winter sets in here in Pa.
- The chassis and running gear is in good shape. The odometer says 8,400 miles but I doubt this is original. I do believe it is a low mileage car though. As I said it runs well and never over heats. I can not say for sure what has been done to the engine or tranny over the years. It appears that they have been rebuilt but I can not say for sure. It drives well, it shifts great and the clutch works smoothly. I believe the clutch is the original Multi disc clutch. Both the tranny and rear are quiet. Other then a couple of drips here and there the car doesn't really leak and fluids. The tires are old but do not leak and I have used them since I have had the car and if I was going to keep the car would continue to use them. The car retains all 4 original shocks and linkage.
- This is a great driver quality car. It probably wouldn’t win a 1st place at a show but is very presentable . “It is not perfect” but it is perfect for loading the kids or grandkids into to go get Ice Cream or just for a drive.
- I will help with shipping in any way I can.
- As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.