1929 Ford Model A Sedan Delivery Hot Rod
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Model A
- Type: Sedan Delivery Hot Rod
- Year: 1929
- Mileage: 1538
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 350 Chevy
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic TH350
- Interior color: Tan/Ivory
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1929 Ford Model A
This is an excellent example of a 1929 Ford Model A deluxe sedan delivery that has been lovingly modified from a 2 door sedan to a sedan delivery using a Gibbon Body Kit to a very drivable street rod. Built over 10 years ago with a refresh of the paint and pinstriping 5 years ago this car is visually attractive and is a joy to drive. The car has only 1,538 miles since the build and all of those miles were make while attending car club events and car shows. This car has won a number of show awards yet it is not a show car.
The owner of this car passed away 2 years ago and his wife has asked me to help sell one of his most prized possessions. The car has been stored indoors since his death and a club member got it out, cleaned and running for this sale. The information provided is as accurate as possible with the understanding that I am not a professional but fellow club member and a friend of the family. Please call my cell if you wish to discuss or have any questions at 707-246-2686.
Additional details of this vehicle are:
· The entire body began life as a 2 door sedan that had the Gibbon Body Kit added. The hood, cowl, front doors and lower body are original 1929 Ford metal. The fenders, upper portion of the rear quarters and rear of the car including the rear door are fiberglass. All are blended together in a seamless manner and painted a brilliant red.
· The cowl houses the deluxe running lights and has a “scoop” for cool air in place of the gas cap.
· The top is covered with tan vinyl along with the trim on the edges of the top.
· The entire car has a very fine line cream pinstripe added to enhance the lines of the body.
· The grill/radiator assembly is protected by a chrome rock guard and adorned with the flying Quail radiator cap.
· The headlights are 9” stainless steel as is the dropped stainless headlight mount bar.
· The front and rear bumpers are rechromed stock with two turn signals housed in the front bumper.
· The rear taillights are duplicated on each side of the car to provide both brake and turn signal lights.
· The rear axle cover is polished aluminum that houses a working third brake light.
· The windshield is fully functional and tips open if you desire a true feel of driving a 1929 car.
· The wheels are Tru-Spoke wire big and little with 185/70-14 on the front and 255/70-15 on the rear.
- Front polished aluminum or stainless tube 4” dropped axel with 4 bar links and a single transverse spring.
- Chevy 10” rear end with polished aluminum center cover and triangulated 4 link suspension with coil over shocks.
- Chevy 350 engine with polished Edelbrock intake and Edelbrock carburetor topped by a K&N air filter. The rest of the engine is nicely detailed with polished aluminum, chrome and paint.
- Chevy TH350 transmission with Lokar floor shifter and remote shifter indicator on dash
- The radiator is a 4 core with electric puller fan.
· Brakes are under the floor dual master cylinder power assisted with disk on front and drums out back.
· Fuel tanks are saddle tanks 7 gallon on each side with a manual switch to connect the two for 14 gallons total.
· Exhaust exits through ceramic coated rams horn manifolds and 2 ¼ exhaust to the rear of the car. Sound is mild but throaty.
D Dash is stained wood with a high gloss finish
· Instruments are TPI Tech Gauges Volts, Fuel, Speedo, Oil and Water reading left to right.
· Vintage Air controller in the middle of the dash with two vents one on each side makes the car very comfortable in warm weather and heat for the cold days or mornings.
· Cruise Control is provided for those long cruises with family and friends.
· Remote signal device in the center top of the dash provides gear selection indicator in addition to high beam and turn signal indicators.
· Steering Column is chrome tilt with a polished steering wheel covered with red vinyl. The column drop contains the ignition switch.
· Overhead console houses a Clarion AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA Player and the electric windshield wiper
· Bucket seats are covered with tan vinyl and ivory cloth, very comfortable
· Front doors are covered with ivory cloth and each door contains a map pocket for storage
· Rear door is covered with ivory cloth and is tastefully embossed with a design
· Each side of the cargo area is covered with ivory cloth and embossed with the words “Class A Delivery”
· Floor of the car is covered with light brown carpeting. Under the rear carpeting is access to some storage, the electrical system fuses and wires in addition to the battery. A remote charging port is provided under the right running board to maintain the battery when not operating the vehicle.
· The headliner is a combination of tan vinyl on the edges and ivory cloth done in a wide tuck and roll pattern.