1966 Ford F100 Blue Styleside Hot Rod Big Block FE390 Frame Off Resto 5000 miles
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 5004
- VIN: F10AN860130
- Color: Marlin Blue
- Engine size: Ford FE 390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford F-100
1966 Ford F-100 Blue Styleside Hot Rod Big Block FE 390 cubic inch (6.4L) Frame-Off Restoration
Power Steering | Power Lock | 1000W RetroSound w/Subwoofer (2 x Bluetooth connections/2 x USB sources/2 x Aux 3.5mm / Sirius XM-Ready)
You are bidding on a show quality classic Ford F-100 Hot Rod with a mean, but not obnoxious Big Block 390 cubic inch rumbling crowd stopper. The modern pearl metallic flake Marlin Blue paint shifts in sunlight from dark blue shadows to electric blue highlights. Some might think this is a stock truck, but a closer look reveals deleted side trim, polished aluminum wheels, slightly raked stance, a Hurst shifter on the floor, oversized rear tires tucked up into the fender and a Tonneau hard cover. Just 5000 miles after a frame off restoration, this truck has no rust and is garaged in Texas.
- Custom pearl metallic flake Marlin Blue based on the truck's original Ford (W) paint code
- Matching painted, full-bed hinged Tonneau hard-cover with pneumatic assist and hold up. Gray new carpet-like finish on underside. Removable.
- Vintage OEM headlights with double-filament working bright lights.
- Color-temperature-matched HID headlights integrated into the front bumper, so you can actually see at night. Both sets of headlights turn on/off together via the OEM pull lever. Both sets of bright lights function together using the floor on/off switch plus the blue indicator light illuminates in the center of the dash
- Black Rhino liner on the 6â€™ bed, sides, and back of the tail gate
- American Racing polished aluminum wheels
- BF Goodrich Radial TAs with 5000-mile rubber can be flipped if you prefer black-walls
- Invisible Power Locks with a hidden/secret pull-cord no-battery emergency door lock release
- Bright beautiful flawless chrome grill and bumpers
- Power Steering is precise and the truck tracks straight hands-off
- Aftermarket Air Conditioning blows hard and cold
- Ultra-clean 180W RetroSound M4 Vintage-look fully modern stereo with 800W powered 10â€ subwoofer with remote knob adjust. Polk Audio full range 6â€ dual cone door panel speakers.The sound system is awesome.
- Stereo head unit inputs: Bluetooth capable of two simultaneous connections, two USB inputs for a phone and/or thumb drive as a music library (the USB plugs are inside the glove box), two Aux 3.5mm inputs (one inside glovebox, one under dash), Sirius XM ready, optional plug-in microphone for taking Bluetooth phone calls.
- Polished, marine quality heavy stainless-steel fold-up cup holders on each door panel
- Dyno matting and waterproof lining surrounds the speakers and fiberglass insulation behind the door panels
- Functional bright dome light turns on by twisting the head light lever (remember that?)
- Built, performance FE 390ci/6.4L with 5000 miles on odometer
- Hurst shifter with 3 on the floor plus reverse
- Oversized radiator, functions perfectly even while parked
- Summit Racing electronic ignition through a dummy vintage distributor
- Custom exhaust is deep and mean and goes headers, through twin Flowmasters, into long polished tips exiting 4 cylinders per side
- Custom high-output chrome bullet nose alternator rock solid at 14.3V
- Optima Red Top 1000 CCA battery
- Chrome oil pan with integrated oil drain valve by quickly sliding a locking lever
- Perfect OEM dipstick operation
- Round K&N air filter
- PCV valve
- Chrome crankcase vent with oil catch can and self oil return
- Edelbrock 4-barrel carburetor with automatic electric choke
Quirks and Features:
- This Big Block 390 is no joke. Sometimes burnouts â€œjust happenâ€ but this is a rugged 3-speed farm truck at heart, so please donâ€™t expect to win Le Mans.
- The engine sounds and runs great, with a beautiful 750 RPM idle rumble
- Great suspension and ride quality
- The bench is in overall good shape and has a nice OEM look with a few minor imperfections pictured in the open door photos. I thought it best to leave upholstery upgrades to the next owner such as: https://b62upholstery.com/auto-draft/
- The Summit Racing electronically timed engine runs like a clock (because it is a clock) and usually cold starts in under a second. Warm starts take around two seconds to fire-up due to the limits of the electronic choke.
- Comfortably planted into the 70-90 mph highway-speed range--impressive based on other cars of this era.
- The AC is strong and water vents down and out the truck bottom, but on high humidity days condensation around the drain lines can produce some drips inside (same as my Jaguar F-Type)
- The stereo is electrically disconnected for zero battery drain whenever the ignition is in the OFF position. All settings are remembered.
- The headlight lights and dome light will stay on indefinitely if you forget to turn them off
- The front parking light/turn signal metal trim surrounds show some chrome fade
- Not too far from Parry Johnsonâ€™s classic artwork: https://www.amazon.com/Styleside-Pickup-Classic-Art-Poster/dp/B008UJV6S8?th=1
- Hagerty's zero-deductible, full replacement value, classic car insurance runs me $480/year.
- No rust, Texas truck!
- Matching knob OEM lighter in the glove box (photos show a USB charger in its place)
- Customized embroidered tan F-100 floor mats
- OEM-style black F-100 embroidered floor mats still factory-sealed in plastic
- Polished chrome door panels (replaced by the leather wrapped speaker panels)
- Wheel lock lug adapter
- Set of mirror chrome door panels (these were replaced with speaker panels)
- Two power lock key fobs
- 4 keys (these very hard to reproduce and can only be made by an experienced locksmith)
- RetroSound instruction manual
- Chilton manual
- Truck cover
On Aug-13-20 at 19:19:59 PDT, seller added the following information:
=====================================================More detail photos added.
That's the maximum number of photos eBay allows, so any more detail will be uploaded to the youtube channel: F100 FE 390 and also noted at the end of the full description you can see here >>>