Same family has owned since 1954 when bought new, attractive two-tone paint
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Customline Tudor
- Type: 2dr
- Year: 1954
- Mileage: 126601
- VIN: A4FG199628
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1954 Ford Customline Tudor
1954 Ford Customline Tudor Sedan 2 Dr
Same family has owned since 1954 when bought new, attractive two-tone paint scheme.
Want to see 251 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
This car happens to be the owners mom and dads first new car in 1954, and has been kept in the family all these years. They have made sure that the car has been serviced, and mostly repaired as needed. The body was repaired, repainted, bright work polished, new headliner installed, new OEM seat material, new carpet, and restored side panels.
In the summer of 2020 the car was brought into a shop that typically does a lot of work on older cars. It received a new battery, all four wheel cylinders, and back brake shoes. The master cylinder was replaced as well, and all inspected to make sure that the braking system was in top notch order. Car has a new Top Nation fuel pump and vacuum pump installed (it had a small leak and pump was not working real well).
DETAILS OF CAR:
* Radial tires
* Two tone
* Car received a re-paint approx. 10 years old, and was applied after the car received a body restoration.
* The paint is smooth and shiny, but is not quite big dollar quality.
* It appears to match all the way around, however we did notice there are some light imperfections. The paint has a couple or more fish eyes that you can really only see under the right light conditions.
* We didnâ€™t notice any significant scrapes in the paint, but you will see there are a few nicks on the left headlight bezel, and a couple on the back of the door edges. (See pictures)
* There is a little bit of bubbling in the paint at the bottom edge of the right door. (See pictures)
* There is an approx one inch touched up chip located about half way from the left rear tire, and left taillight on the quarter panel.
* The paint on the trunk matches when you look very closely, however you will see that there is a slight difference in the paint. It may have dried, or possibly been applied differently. (See pictures)
* The body appears to be very correct and straight, and typical to how the body would have looked when the car was produced new in that time.
* The top, hood, trunk, and tops of the fenders are probably straighter than they where new, and the sides appear to be more typical of 50â€s cars.
* We do not see any dents or creases anywhere in the body, and the gaps in the doors, trunk, and hood are not perfect but fairly close. (See pictures)
* Probably the most significant non factory alignment would be the back of the drivers door sits out beyond the quarter, and we do not have knowledge to whether that could be adjusted better or not.
* We took several random readings on each steel panel of the car, and the paint on the roof seems to be in the 6 -10 mils range for the most part. The hood and the deck are probably 2-4 mils higher than that.
* When taking random readings on the quarters, doors, and fenders (above the spear type molding) on the side readings where similar to the hood and trunk. When we took readings below that line we did not find anywhere where we did not find the magnetic pull of steel. However much higher readings, and the history of these cars it would be our conclusion that there was reconstruction of rust below that line. Particularly in the back lower of the fenders, lower doors and rockers, and lower quarter.
* Owner indicated they thought front fenders were replaced with OEM fenders. Not 100% sure, and sides had repairs
* The bright work that surrounds the windows, including the lower belt molding that goes around the car under all windows, and the stainless on the side spears right down the side of the car all have a very nice finish and shine, and show very little wear. With the noticeable exception the right side spear has a nick at the drivers door, rear quarter, and the left side spear has a couple dimples underneath the rear view mirror. (See pictures)
* All the bright work on the car appears to be fastened properly to the car the way it was intended to be. The only exception from that would be the Customline wording on either side of the rear quarters that is held by an adhesive, it is a little weak in a couple of areas but could be fastened.
* What appears to be chrome bright work of the rear and front bumpers, bumper guards, taillight bezels, and bright work on the trunk, door handles, left mirror, grill area, and hood ordainment appears pretty much undamaged with the exception of a little dent in the left rear bumper. For the most part it appears shiny 40 plus feet away but, as you get close you quickly see that bright work has pretty much lost chrome materials, and have various degrees of pitting or worn chrome. (See pictures)
* We do not see any bulls-eyes, or cracks in the glass.
* The windshield, two vents windows and rear windows all have the FoMoCo emblem, the rear window is a PPG Herculite. The left door glass is Supra and we do not see any marking on the passenger side.
*All the glass appears to be in nice condition, with only a few slight light scratches. However the vent windows, and the passengers door window are starting to have a little delamination. Best explained, the vent windows around outside edge, back side, bottom side, and on the passenger window just along the very top but does not show when you have the window up. (See pictures)
* There are some windshield wiper marks on the drivers side that covers about half the span of the windshield wipers travel, and just one single mark at the top edge that is extremely light. You can not feel it with a finger nail, so it may possibly be polished out somewhat.
* The side panels, on both sides from front to back, seating, and carpet where all part of the restoration that took place approx 10 years ago and show no wear. The owner indicated this is the original OEM seating materials that would have been used in this car new.
* The headliner was replaced about 10 years ago, and the seems are all good and tight without any separation.
* The sun visors work on both sides, and the backing is good and solid. The covering and stitches are in great condition.
The paint on the dash has good color, and shine thought it looks a little more aged than the upper doors do with just a couple of nicks by the glove box. (See pictures)
* The carpet is nice and with good color, and the dark blue coloring showslittle wear.
* The factory temperature gauge, fuel gauge, and speedometer look fairly clear.
* The door handles, and window cranks all have a little pitting and wear, but minimal. (See pictures)
* The aluminum swirled finish on the dash is in nice condition, though the chrome on the horn, radio, and heater controls do have some light pitting.
* The knobs all seem to be intact, but the choke knob needs re-glued.
* Though we can not necessary confirm, the owner said there was reconstruction in the corners of the trunk. From what we can see I would guess that on the seam between the inner fender well, and the trunk there may have been a little repair and reconstruction on the left and right sides.
* There is a radial Cornell 535 spare tire, which matches what is on the car.
Tires and Wheels-
* Cornell 535 Radials
* The wheels are painted in what appears to match the body of the car, and may have been done at the same time of the restoration
* The paint is all in good condition with just a few minor scraps on the outside edge, most likely from machine mounting the tires or having tires balanced.
* The caps are all in very nice condition, without scraping or damage
* We do not see any cracking on the side wall of the tires, nor do we see any curb damage to the tires and the wheels on the outside edge. (See pictures)
Left Front- 205-75-15 Tread remaining- 9-10/32
Right Front- 205-75-15 Tread remaining- 9-10/32
Left Rear- 205-75-15 Tread remaining- 9-10/32
Right Rear- 205-75-15 Tread remaining- 9-10/32
Engine and Transmission-
* We believe that the under hood engine and transmission area looks fairly similar to how it was designed, or looked new. The only difference being that we do have a new battery that was put in summer of 2020
* The owners brother had explained that the car had been converted to a 12volt system. So it has a 12 volt battery, starter, alternator, headlights, and per the bill so where the bulbs.
* The chassis appears to look as thought it has no rust perforation, and we are not seeing any obvious signs of major repair.
* The floors and bracing going out to the rockers all looks solid without any rust perforation that we noticed, but we can see a small area in the drivers floor where a section approx 2 inches from front to back and approx. a foot wide where a repair that was made in the floor. There may have been some other reconstruction at some point. (See pictures)
* The underside has some undercoating, and paint that was applied some time ago. A little bit of it has worn off, for an example by the muffler where there is more heat.
* The owner indicated over the winter they may have had a couple drops of oil, and the only drip we actually see looks like it might be coming from the pan drain, but could possibly just need a seal. (See pictures)
* The transmission looks very clean thought the owner has no record of it coming out. It just has a little moisture of transmission fluid, the tail shaft appears to be dry. The differential seal where the drive shaft enters appears to be dry also.
* The tank was at about 1/8 of a tank, and appears good. I put 10-12 gallons in the tank which brought it close to full. We do not see any seeping or leaking of the tank area. (See pictures)
* Its does look to have an additional inline fuel filter thatâ€™s been installed at some point, and a replacement exhaust.
* The cars seems to steer correctly, and does require a little muscle to park it. It drives very nice and smoothly down the road. The drive train seems to operate properly. You must put the car in neutral to start, and its a two speed transmission. The settings seem to work on the steering column. Upon braking it brakes smooth, and we do not notice any unusual pulling or pulsation. It stops smoothly, but again with no assist it takes a little muscle. The engine starts easily using the choke, and likes to be warmed up a bit before put in gear. It accelerates and de-accelerates very easy. We just put fresh gas in it, and she runs smooth. Fun and easy to drive. Chad put about 50-60 miles on the car.
* Left side blinkers work, front and rear
* Right side blinkers work, front and rear
* All 4 crank windows work, however the passenger side stops about one inch from the top and wonâ€™t go any further.
* Adjustable manual antenna does work
* Key does work in trunk, and key for both doors works
* Taillights work
* Front parking lights work
* Brake lights work
* Headlights work
* High beams and low beams work
* Left and right vents open and close correctly
* Horn works (Great horn!)
* Windshield wipers work
* Choke works
* Manual adjuster on the seat does not slide
* No bulb or cover on rear dome light
* Lighter does not work
* Clock does not work
* Radio does not work
* Temperature lever does slide back and forth and the heat and defrost button appears to adjust
* Factory fuel and temperature gauge do not work, and that is why they have the two after market auto meter gauges installed.
* Temperature gauge seems to at idle on a hot day show around 180
* Brake lever pulls out, but does not work
* Dash turn signal indicators works left and right side
Interested buyers please callChadGumpp
10% deposit ($1,000 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Cash-in-person, verified by a bank
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Bank to bank wire transfers to sellerâ€™s account
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Cashierâ€™s or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent, assisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors, and they provide advertising, marketing, and consulting services for individuals and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results, including history statements of vehicle history, repairs, etc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty, unless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers, engine numbers, and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicleâ€™s authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin, trim tag, engine block, cylinder heads, transmission, differential, or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation, authenticity, repairs, mechanical work, titles, odometer discrepancies, matching numbers, stamped engines, casting numbers, or any other codes, tags, or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists, as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge, but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence, including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person, or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller, or stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends), if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not), Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashierâ€™s check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part, the vehicle for sale is not â€œperfectâ€. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint, body, engine, etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot, undisclosed problems with the frame, etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation, the seller and buyer will try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment, options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale, the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding, bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars.com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.