1965 Ford Custom 2dr 4 Speed top load
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Custom 390 C.I.
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 77601
- VIN: 5D532Z156524
- Color: White
- Engine size: 390 C.I.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual 4 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Custom 390 C.I.
1965 Ford Custom 390
Want to see 240 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
Beautifully restored, Born with 390 c.i, 60â€™s muscle car done like back in the day. Great example of less is more, simple, and basic is the beauty of it!
Owner and former Ford dealer searched far and wide for a solid mid 60â€™s Ford muscle car to be restored and given that â€œOld school touchâ€ like when he grew up.Car was properly raised 3 inches from the standard riding height, and properly re-engineered with new springs, shocks, ball joints, extended trailing arms, and adjustable panhard bar in order to aquire a correct alignment and drive shaft position.
Being born a 390ci it has big brakes-12 inch drums all the way around.
Car was born with a 3 speed manual and changed into a 4 speed (approx 1966) Ford top loader with correct factory shift linkage(the transmission came from a 7 litre).The synchronizers are good and has a new mini starter (needed clearance to put headers on and run exhaust). No obvious reconstruction on the frame, and the floors all appear original, and look good and solid. Owner basically brought the body all the way down to bare metal and upon inspecting it there was one little spot of perforation in the lower left quarter behind the tire that appeared, but not other spots. Owner found and bought at High Line auction through a contact at the auction. Car has original owners manual, and owner information from Arizona. Car also did have Texas inspection stickers which makes sense that it was for the most part a southwestern car.
* 390 c.i. Ford V-8 with 4bbl
* 4 speed manual top loader transmission
* 9 inch rear end non posi 3.00 ratio.
* Radial Tires- rear slightly larger
* Wheel caps
* AM Radio
* Cloth seats
* Manual Choke
* Factory dummy lights
* Gauges (auxiliary)
* Oil pressure
* Water temp
* Power wipers
* Owners manual
* Original correct factory shifter completely rebuilt
* Emergency brake
* Turn signals
* Fuel gauge
* Front seat belts for 2
* 2 set of keys
* New rubber floor
* New headliner
* Painted dash
Body 62E 2 Dr. Sedan Custom
Color F Arcadian Blue
Trim 12 Blue
Date 27E May
DSO 75 Phoenix
Axle 1 3.00 :1 Regular
TR 1 Standard
Buyer are required- To do their own research to verify the researched codes above are correct.
* In 2017- 2018 when the body was taken almost completely down to the metal, and the preparation started for what is an absolutely beautiful painting of the body.
* We can not detect any nicks or scratches. The paint is highly polished, beautifully smooth, possibly more so than when it was built new. The paint is highly reflective, and matches all the way around without imperfections or areas of incorrect orange peel.
* The body is very straight (look closely at pictures taken at an angle). The fits and gaps around the doors, hood, and trunk are very uniform. I could not find any type of dent in the car, and would say this body is as nice, if not slightly nicer than the day it was built.
Magnetic paint gauge-
* We took a couple random sample tests on every panel of the car, and we didnâ€™t find any areas that are not metal. We paid close attention to the rockers, door corners, and lower fenders.
* The upper surfaces including the hood, trunk, and top are mostly close to 10- 15 mils of material, and the sides are slightly higher which would be typical in making a beautifully straight car.
* All the bright work on the car including pieces surrounding the glass, and the front and back all appear to be well secured and in their proper position.
* The stainless around the windshield, and where the top meets the body is very highly polished, and looks outstanding and like that of a new car. This also appears true on the mirrors on both sides, both door handles, and Ford and Custom labeling on the sides, front, and rear. The bumpers themselves all look like that of a new car, and without any damage.
* There maybe a little wear or light pitting on top of the headlight bezels, and small scratch on the left side of the left rear taillight bezel. (see pics)
* The grill itself has more of an anodized look, but looks very uniform from left to right. (See Pics)
* All side glass including vents, roll up windows, front and rear have the Car Lite logo, and say tempered. All the glass is nice and clear, and we donâ€™t see any discoloring, delamination, cracks.
* Each piece may have 1 or 2 fine light scratches, but you would almost need to shine a bright flash light to find them.
*There is some light scratching on the top rear drivers side window from putting the window up and down. (See Pics)
* The back glass is Car Lite also, and is nice and clear with maybe a few scratches.
* Windshield is laminated safety glass, and was recently replaced and does not even show any typical nicks from driving.
* Interior looks like all new, and or all restored parts.
* Headliner and sun visors are new, and have nice tight seams(noting a small issue with sail panel not fitting 100 percent correct).
* The dome lamp, plate around light, and lens show new or little wear.
* New seat covers, and almost like new side panels of the doors and the passenger area.
* Plastic kick panels have been restored.
* Chrome on the door and steering wheel are all in great shape, and like that of a year old car.
* The rubber floor is new.
* Dash was repainted, and lenses and gauges are clean and detailed.
* Interior colors are all nice and bright without fading.
* Bezel that surrounds dash switches has some of the coloring worn off. (See pics)
* Trunk has matching white wheel, and tire.(not exact same)
* Jack stand, jack, and tire iron all appear to be in place.
* Very nicely painted, with new trunk material installed.
* You will see picture of the trunk material removed to see trunk flooring, and the condition.
* Again pay attention to detail on paint, detail, and the trunk locking mechanism.
The actual trunk floor appears original, but it had a dent in the bottom side and so when the dent was straightened out it may have compromised the strength so an extra panel was installed under to strengthen it.
Engine and Transmission-
* The attention to detail under the hood is very nicely done. (See pics)
* Battery tender wired in, Ford labels, gold paint, hose clamps, fittings, and header installation, are all again great attention to detail on this restoration and build.
* We have 4 pictures of the engine with oil pan removed, and how nice and clean the engine crank case was. This gave the owner a lot of confidence in the engine being maintained meticulously.
Wheels and Tires-
* Mastercraft Radial
* See the attention to detail, rims are all painted to match car.
* They are without any wear, nicks, or damage to rims caps or tires themselves. (See Pics)
* Left front- 225-75-15 10/32 Tread remaining
* Left rear- 235-75-15 10/32 Tread remaining
* Right front- 225-75-15 10/32 Tread remaining
* Right rear- 235-75-15 10/32 Tread remaining
* Everything looks good and without leakage around the engine oil pan, as well as the transmission. There may be some light seepage on the bottom of the fly wheel cover and maybe a partial drip toward the back of transmission tail shaft. Rear end is good and dry and we do not see any dampness in the brake areas.
* Bottom side of the floor pans, and trunk area show an original rust proofing more toward the center of the panels, and the owner applied a light coating of black painted over top. It is really left very natural so you can see everything.
The car did steer very smoothly, and easily only requiring more effort when parking. When starting the car, the choke operation works very well raising the idle slightly, and runs smoothly. The car accelerated nicely, and was performing as it should. Upon braking the car stopped well, and we did not notice any pulsation or pulling to the left or right, or any vibrating. The clutch seemed to work well with proper travel before it in-gauged. Transmission shifted in and out of all 4 gears, and shifted smoother as car warmed up. All the drive train seems to be operating as it was designed to. Brakes where inspected all the way around and have good lining, per owner, cylinders are all in good shape and looks to have been done not to many years ago.
* Brake lights work
* Taillights work
* License plate light works
* Headlights work on high and low beam
* High beam indicator works on dash
* Red oil light on dash works- before starting engine
* Right side blinkers work front and rear
* Left side blinkers work front and rear
* Horn works
* Windshield wipers work
* Emergency brake works and holds
* Manual choke works (chokes engine and raises the idle)
* Heater and fan works
* Am radio works
* Lower vents work on both left and right side
* 4 speed and lock out for revere works
* Auxiliary oil pressure, water temp, volt meter all register. When driving car water temp registers around 170-190 degrees
* Fuel gauge works
* Door and trunk lock cylinders work with keys
* Vent cranks and window cranks all work smoothly
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1,000 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Cash-in-person, verified by a bank
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Bank to bank wire transfers to sellerâ€™s account
ï‚·ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï‚ ï€ Cashierâ€™s or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent, assisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors, and they provide advertising, marketing, and consulting services for individuals and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results, including history statements of vehicle history, repairs, etc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty, unless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers, engine numbers, and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicleâ€™s authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin, trim tag, engine block, cylinder heads, transmission, differential, or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation, authenticity, repairs, mechanical work, titles, odometer discrepancies, matching numbers, stamped engines, casting numbers, or any other codes, tags, or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists, as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge, but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence, including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person, or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller, or stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends), if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not), Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashierâ€™s check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part, the vehicle for sale is not â€œperfectâ€. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint, body, engine, etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot, undisclosed problems with the frame, etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation, the seller and buyer will try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment, options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale, the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding, bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars.com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.