1966 Ford Bronco U13 Roadster - Early Uncut and Unrestored Budd Body - Prototype
Price: US $35,000.00 Item location: Fairhope, Alabama, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Bronco
- Type: SUV
- Trim: U13 Roadster
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 76856
- VIN: U13FL760088
- Color: Beige
- Engine size: Inline 6 170CI
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Silver
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Bronco U13 RoadsterGreat Investment Opportunity! Make an offer!
Here is your chance to own one of the few remaining unrestored early 1966 U13 Roadster Broncos! Body built by BUDD, not Ford. The same company that built the original Bronco prototype. This is from the pre-production/prototype tooling and not the final Ford tooling. These were only assembled in Aug, Sept and Oct of 1965 while Ford finalized their production line, then Ford took over by Nov 1965 and made the rest. This one has the original VIN stamp beginning with U13, not a copycat or converted U14 (truck) or U15 (wagon). A Budd Body makes it one of the first Broncos off the assembly line and highly collectible! There are believed to be less than 300 original U13 Roadsters remaining!
Everything on this truck Works including the original vacuum operated windshield wipers, the wiper washer pump, the in cab heater controls, and all lights and gauges except the fuel gauge. Door inserts, windshield frame, interior tub, and hood have had paint work but other panels appear original. Because this truck has NOT been restored, there are blemishes in the paint as indicated in the pics. Minor scrapes/scuffs from times gone by. Floorboards are solid and only have paint chipping. There are 3 very minor rust spots on the truck. Two of them are on the driver lower rocker panel at the very bottom. One is under the passenger front seat at the welded seam. All three could be easily repaired with tack-welds and touch-up paint to keep this as original as possible. Frame is 100% solid with zero rust. All other body panes are 100% rust free.
Engine is the original 170 CI inline 6 with a 3 on the tree transmission. The engine was rebuilt in 1999 and has around 1,000 miles put on it since then. Brake master cylinder and wheel cylinders have been rebuilt along with new front axle seals - all around 2010.
This is an ultra rare collectible Bronco that needs to go to someone who will appreciate it for its originality.
Bronco has a Black aftermarket Bestop soft top amd the ORIGINAL White Vinyl wire-frame doors. The top and doors are in usable condition but I would not trust them to protect the interior for open cross-country shipping. Enclosed shipping or direct pick-up should be considered.
Full enclosed shipping is recommended!
- original number-matching 170cid straight 6 engine (rebuilt 1999)
- original 1-barrel carburetor
- original lock-out hubs (rebuilt 1995) on the 4-wheel drive front axle
- original oil bath air filter
- original vacuum windshield wipers (fully operational)
- original hub caps (unique to '66)
- original straight-end bumpers (unique to '66 and '67 models)
- original driver side mirror (unique to early Roadsters)
- original "pencil" dash pad, with no cracks (unique to '66 and '67 models)
- original eyebrow grill (only found on early production '66s)
- original FOMOCO washer fluid bag
- original 3-on-the-tree 3.03 manual transmission
- original long-throw 4-wheel drive transfer case control stick with round ball head (only found on early production '66s)
- original rubber transfer case boot (unique to '66 models)
- original rear bench seat
- original black arm rests on rear bench seat (unique to '66 models)
- original 15-inch wheels, including the spare
- original rear tail light lenses (no "clear" reverse section; unique to '66 models)
- original FOMOCO tail hitch
- original fold-down windshield (hinged to fold flat on top of the hood, with a pin hitch to hold it in place)
- original skid plate protecting the transfer case
* Please note, this vehicle is registered and insured in Alabama. Alabama will NOT issue a title on any motor vehicle over 30 years of age regardless of circumstance or request. This vehicle will be sold on a BILL OF SALE and copy of Current AL Tag Registration showing proof of ownership - again, NO TITLE is available from Alabama under any circumstances and this is accepted in all 50 states.