1950 Ford F1 Pickup Truck - 239 cu. in. Flathead V8
Price: US $29,900.00 Item location: Newhall, California, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: F1
- Year: 1950
- Mileage: 20440
- VIN: 98RC430974
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 239 Flathead V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Heater, Aftermarket radio
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1950 Ford Other Pickups F1This 1950F1 Truck with included, installed bed shell is in original-style condition with fully functional 6-volt electrics. Everything works including the aftermarket under-dash radio, heater, gauges, lights, and horns.
239 flathead V8, 3-speed floor shift transmission, this truck runs and drives beautifully and is registered and road-worthy. Light modifications include a Lincoln hood ornament, additional running lights, and the bed shell.
Owned for the past 40 years by the current owner, a retired mechanic with 67 years of experience, it's time to get rid of the truck due to declining health. Mileage exceeds mechanical limits.
Recent maintenance completed:
- NewCoker Classic Radial tires with less than 20 miles on them
- Wheel cylinders overhauled
- New master cylinder
- Engine rebuilt approx 1500 miles ago: crank turned .020, new valves ground to spec
- New heavy-duty clutch and pressure plate, new throwout bearing
- Transmission rebuilt 1997, approximately 2000 miles ago
- Remanufactured generator with new armature
- New voltage regulator
- New fuel pump
- Remanufactured carb
- New Battery
- New points, condenser
- Radiator re-cored
- New fuel tank sender
- New battery shutoff
- Windshield and windshield weatherstrip replaced
- Driver window and driver-side vent window replaced
- New window channels
- Original cloth wiring harness has deteriorated
- Passenger vent window glass is cracked
- Door weatherstripping was painted over when truck was painted a few years ago, so you may want to replace it.
See video of the truck driving into the garage here:https://youtu.be/HDRBo_kUNfw
Inspections welcomed and encouraged, additional photos available by request. Feel free to message with questions. This truck is listed for and sold by an 85-year old man who doesn't use a computer, but will gladly talk on the phone.
Buyer is responsible for all shipping and pickup. Truck is located in Santa Clarita, CA. As this is an old vehicle, despite best intentions, things can go alwayswrong, so it is strongly advised that you have any new purchase transported to your destination where you can get comfortable with it by driving it locally before heading out on longer trips.