1957 Ford Thunderbird Custom Restomod with both tops
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Trim: Converible
- Year: 1957
- Color: White
- Engine size: 302 Ci V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black & White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Ford Thunderbird1957 Ford Thunderbird Custom Restomod with both tops Beautiful comprehensive restoration with modern amenities on a 1957 Thunderbird convertible. The restoration and modifications were done by Bob’s Toys, ne of the premier restoration shops on the West Coast. The goal was to build a Thunderbird restomod with more power and a better suspension that could be driven comfortably on modern roads, n tours, nd to cruise-ins and car shows. The car has been shown twice, inning second in class at the Portland Rod & Custom Show and it received the President’s trophy at Tigard Festival of Cars. As you can see from the pictures the car looks like a stock Thunderbird (except for the wheels) from the outside. All the modifications from stock are in the driveline, uspension, nd the interior and include:302 CI 375 HP crate engine from Ford Performance
o Hydraulic roller camshaf, 480" lift intake and exhaust, uration at .050" is 224 degrees intake and exhaust – great idle lope!
o Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads
· Edelbrock dual quad manifold with Edelbrock 4-barrel Performer Series carburetors with progressive linkage
· ZOOPS serpentine belt & pulley system
· MSD Pro-Billet ignition
· Electric fuel pump
· Sanderson Headers, ual exhaust with Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers
· Ford AOD 4-speed with overdrive automatic transmission
o Compushift controller for adjusting both shift speed & firmness
o Shift linkage modified to work with original TBird shifter – looks totally stock
· Custom driveshaft
· Power brakes with front disks and drum rear
· Optima battery in trunk
· All new wiring
· American Racing 17 x 8 wheels with BF Goodrich 245/45 ZR 17 radial tires
· Edelbrock IAS shock absorbers and front & rear sway bars
· Classic Air air conditioning – uses original TBird heater controls – no dash modifications
· Seat belts
· Grant banjo steering wheel with leather rim
· All mechanical components rebuilt or replaced with new parts
· All electrical components work correctly including lights, urn signals, ipers, orn, nd gauges
· The original AM radio was rebuilt and works
· All suspension components rebuilt and/or replaced
· Interior completely restored with all new aluminum, ash cover, oor panels and carpet, tc.
· Seat recovered in leather
· Completely rebuilt top bows with new canvas convertible top
· All of the chrome was replaced or re-chromed
· Entire car was Media blasted and painted with base coat, lear coat
There are no issues with this car that I’m aware of and nothing that needs to be done to it. This is a car that you can comfortably drive anywhere or take to cruise-ins or judged car shows where you will always be the center of attention and always come away with a trophy.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Terms of sale: A $1,000 deposit via PayPal is due within 48 hours of the auction end. The car is for sale 'As is, here is", ll sales are final with no warranties written or implied. Buyer is responsible for vehicle pick up and/or shipping arrangements and costs. Payment by cash (in person) or by wire transfer in US dollars only. Car will be held until payment clears. Full payment must be made within 7 days of the end of the auction. The vehicle is listed for sale locally; I reserve the right to end the auction early if the item becomes no longer available.