1969 "Rare" Ford Thunderbird Landau Coupe 2-door SUNROOF AC 429 V8 not running
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Landau
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 11111
- VIN: 9Y84N128592
- Color: White
- Engine size: BIG BLOCK 429
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Ford Thunderbird Landau
***********MAKE AN OFFER!!!!!!*************
I have up for sale a â€œVERY RAREâ€ 1969 Ford Thunderbird Landau 2-door project car. This car was born with a 429 Big block as well as a factory sunroof. The car is missing the drive train but otherwise is a complete car with complete interior and a very solid body. I was recently contacted by the previous owner and he has the original drive train for purchase if the new owner is interested. As I stated before this car is very sound and wouldnâ€™t need much more than a drive train and paint and body to make it a road worthy classic that would very rare in 2019. Upon my inspection of the car I did notice a lot of good and some not so good about the car that I would like to disclose.
First the bad.
- The car will need a complete drive train ( drive shaft and misc parts in the truck)
- Will need paint and work (has some rust holes on the rear quarters around back and under the vinyl top
- Will need the headliner redone
- 1 dent on the front drivers side fender
- Drivers side window is down but should go up once it has power
- The car has nearly all of the options for that year aside from the center console
- Has a very rare electric sunroof ( 1 of under 1000 produced in 69)
- I was able to track down the original drive train
- Floors are very solid (will send pics upon request)
- Great 2 door body style
- Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- All of the trim, lights, interior, and body panels are in good shape
- Big 429 Car (notated by the N as the 5th digit in the Vin)
- Interior is in great un restored condition
- Trunk is solid with tons of space
- Spare tire and factory jack still in the car
- Comes with a clean Mississippi Title in hand
I am selling the car because I have other projects that need my attention and I really would not have time in the near future to tackle this one. The car would make a great show car, a great daily driver, or even a great resto-moded T-bird with a modern drive train and suspension. Great for a retired couple looking for a restoration project to travel the country in, a guy or girl whoâ€™s parents may have had one growing up, great father and son/daughter project, someone who loves Fords and something that is rare and would possibly be the only person with one, or someone with a big block 429 or another engine ready to go in a classic vehicle.
***Clean and Clear Mississippi Title***
Please feel free to give me a call for more pictures. Mechanics is not one of my strength but I will do my best to answer any questions. My cell number is 205-240-8075 and I can be reached anytime through text and by phone everyday from 8a-8pm central time.