1989 Ford Bronco II 4X4, 5 spd, Excellent Condition, RUST FREE California Truck
Price: - Item location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Bronco II
- Type: SUV
- Trim: XLT
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 296000
- VIN: 1FMCU14T7KUC11599
- Color: White
- Engine size: 2.9 V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Ford Bronco II XLTUp for auction is my Bronco II which has been my daily driver for the past 5 years (mostly long distance highway commuting) and has never left me stranded. I have driven it across the US multiple times while visiting family in the Midwest (summer only, never driven in winter on salted roads). The undercarriage photo has dirt from driving on a dirt trail in Utah, no rust!
The truck is currently stored in my brother's garage in Saint Paul, MN as I was overseas the past 6 months. The bronco is not modified with the exception of a few mechanical improvements and fender flares added by the previous owner. I've meticulously maintained it myself and have compiled a list of services and maintenance done with the exception of oil changes which were performed every 4-5k miles.
Purchased with ~210K- new shocks and tires installed, fuel filler hose replaced
- 220K, new belts, all cooling hoses replaced, water pump- 225K, new soft brake lines, eliminated rear ABS (failure of this part, which failed, causes rear brakes to not work, poor design so it was eliminated, still brakes straight in a panic, ABS light always on)- 230K, new radiator, heater core, fan clutch, battery- 240K, new plugs, wires, cap & rotor, pcv valve, fuel filter, upgraded aftermarket valve cover gaskets- 245K, replaced transmission with a used one having 90K miles (old transmission started making a whining noise in all gears but 4th), changed rear differential fluid
- 255K, new front rotors, calipers, and brake pads- 260K, new clutch, flywheel, throw-out bearing, clutch slave (clutch still worked fine but the throw-out bearing started making noise)- 270K, new tires in stock size, Firestone Destination A/T, new muffler and tailpipe, new aftermarket driveshaft
- 280K, new radiator cap, air filter- 290K, new axle bearings, differential bearings, seals, upgraded to Auburn style posi-traction, new transmission fluid
- 296K, new plugs, wires, cap & rotor, new rear brakes shoes, rear brake hardware, new alternator, new belts
The engine leaked a tiny bit of coolant on the garage floor (puddle only about 3 inches in diameter) after being parked for 6 months from the timing case cover. Additionally, the A/C has never worked, although I'm guessing a charge may fix it, however I've never tried because I prefer the heat and driving with the windows down.
Desirable features:- Manual locking front hubs- Towing package with class III hitch- OEM 3.73 gear ratio- Auburn style rear posi-traction differential
Overall the truck drives great and doesn't burn oil between oil change intervals and consistently gets 20 mpg and a bit higher with all highway driving. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere in the country, in fact the last miles I added were driving it to MN from California before I headed overseas.
The body and interior are also in great condition, especially considering the age and mileage. The dashboard is perfect and has no cracks, I keep the mat on there to keep it that way. These things are getting harder to come by, especially in this condition. Also included is the original rear tailgate spare tire, I prefer to keep it behind the the back seat as it has a tendency to rattle if mounted on the carrier. Feel free to ask me any questions, happy bidding!
Sold as is, no warranty. Truck is also listed for sale locally, buyer is responsible for all shipping cost and shipping arrangements.