1961 Ford F100 Pickup Unibody (Survivor)
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Unibody
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 38100
- VIN: F10JP150658
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 223
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Ford F-100
Up for sale is our 1961 Ford F100 short bed pickup â€œUnibodyâ€. This truck is a true survivor with just over 38,000 documented miles.
- Rust free survivor
- 1961 Ford F100 Unibody
- Power disc brakes
- 223 6 cylinder engine
- 4 speed transmission
- 9 inch rear end with 4:11 gears
My son and I purchased this truck from the original family just a couple of years ago as a father/son project. The truck was purchased by a farmer who also graded roads. He would tow the truck behind the grader and at the end of the evening he would disconnect and drive the truck home. That means that many of the miles on the clock are non-running miles. The gentlemen documented all the maintenance in a book that we found in the glove box, thatâ€™s how we know the miles are only 38,000 and not 138,000. In about 1980 the gentlemen passed away and his wife took over the title. Her name was on the title when I bought it from her nephew that received it when she passed away. She put a few hundred miles on it after 1980, and then it sat for about 10 years after she willed it to her nephew. My son and I took it home, cleaned it up, poured Marvelâ€™s Mystery Oil in the cylinders, changed the oil, and pug wires and then got it running. We wanted a good safe daily driver for my son and we planned for him to keep it forever. That was until we found a 1979 F250 4x4. The 4x4 is way more practical in Montana, rather than trying to maintain a summer and winter vehicle for him. Therefore, this beautiful truck has to be sold in order to pay for the 4x4. Hereâ€™s what has been done to the truck:
- New clutch kit, throw-out bearing, flywheel surfaced, etc.
- New U-joints, oil changed in transmission, oil level checked in rear end.
- New American Racing Torque Thrust D Wheels.
- New Cooper Cobra tires (235/70/15 front, 275/60/15 rear)
- Original radiator professionally rebuilt.
- System flushed entirely/new hoses.
- New thermostat/fresh coolant. Heat works great!
- New (not refurbished) water pump.
- New power disc brake conversion (front).
- New rear brakes.
- New lines front to back. She stops great, and the parking brake works as well.
- Carburetor professionally rebuilt.
- New fuel pump.
- Tank removed/cleaned (didnâ€™t need coating).
- 2 inline fuel filters installed with shutoff valve at tank.
- New retractable, 3 point seat belts (installed correctly and made in America).
- Converted the old generator to a new alternator.
- New battery and cables.
Iâ€™m sure I may have missed a few things, but you should get the idea. This truck was a daily driver for over a year and will not disappoint. The truck is very rust free because Montana provides the perfect environment to preserve metal. Very low humidity and we do not salt the roads, so this truck is a true rust free survivor. The only rust resides on either side of the floor where moisture was trapped under the original floor mat/insulation (see pictures). The body is in overall great shape, there is one area on the front right quarter panel that has some dents (see pictures). Contact me for more details/pictures. 406-727-3900. I will also include the original oil bath air filter, antenna, new parts to complete tune up such as rotor cap/points.
Truck exterior has also been professionally detailed. The shine you see is not clearcoat, just good old fashioned elbow grease.
Please come take a look at it before buying if possible, nothing to hide here. I will assist with shipping to the best of my ability, but you will have to pay shipping. Buyer to pay in full at close of auction within 3 days by way of electronic funds transferred to seller's account, or cash in hand. Thanks!