Pampered Convertible Seeks Next Enthusiast Owner
Price: - Item location: Austin, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 191000
- VIN: 1FABP27M0FF211655
- Color: Black
- Engine size: Ford 302 H.O. 5.0L V8 Gas Holley Motorcraft 4180c
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Ford Mustang GT**Car for sale locally, I reserve the right to end listing at any time**
I purchased this car from a family friend who was the second owner, but the first owner was also a family friend, so it's basically been in the family since new. The sale includes the original window sticker, certificate of title for Texas, and Warranty ID VIN Plate given by Ford. It also includes all receipts of the previous owner and mine for all work and parts bought.
This is a Survivor through and through. It's been driven, but taken care for. It's been enjoyed, but pampered. This car will continue to go for another 100,000 miles and more. I have no doubt.
This car is a driver's car. Not a show car. It's got the character, all the original paperwork, and has been driven in the past. For the car to continue to prosper, I'd recommend it continue to be driven. I've driven it as a daily for a few weeks, then parked it when my other cars were ready to go. I've done the Dallas - Austin drive with it a few times now and it's a wonderful ride. The T5 transmission is a dream for road trips.
Final Assembly point was Dearborn, MI with delivery to Arlington, TX. A true Texas car.
- Beautiful deep black paint. Well taken care of and just waxed. It has it's share of chips, and scratches, it's not perfect. It's great.
- All lights work and are in good shape. Even the glovebox and ashtray lights work!!
- FUNCTIONING & NEW OLD STOCK Fog Lights. They're Lamin-x'd too for protection.
- The tires are in phenomenal condition. Correct BFG's too.
- Spare donut has never been used
- All the glass is good and cleans up real nice
- **NEW Rear Windshield**
- The previous owner did have a small mistake happen in his garage where the driver's door was bent backwards. The pictures reflect the bit of damage. It does not affect function, only form. A **replacement** door is included in the sale (will need paint).
- The interior still cleans up very nicely.
- As I said, the car was and is a driver's car, so the driver's seat does show a bit of wear on one of the bolsters.
- The seats are **extremely** comfortable and still retain their shape.
- A/C is complete but does not blow cold.
- The heat works well and will make you sweat with athletic clothes. Perfect for the end of winter.
- Power mirrors
- Power windows
- FUNCTIONAL rear quarter windows! If you know anything about the convertible foxbody's, you'll know that these windows are notable for failing. This will never fail on you.
- Power Locks
- FUNCTIONAL cruise control. Seriously a dream.
- Period correct looking bluetooth radio.
Engine & Mechanical:
- Absolutely original and well taken care of Ford 302 H.O. 5.0L V8 Gas Holley Motorcraft 4180c 4bbl Carburetted Engine
- Rebuilt Carburetor in Oct. 2018
- Power Steering
- Borg-Warner T5 WC 5-Speed Manual Transmission - Shifts beautifully.
- All maintenance has been done to ensure this car can go for another year without any maintenance work needed.
- Oil & Filter Change on 10/13/18
- It is a very strong running V8 and I would not hesitate driving from the east to west coast.
New Parts Include (all receipts included):
///Work since I got the car///
- NEW Brake Pads (Front) and NEW Brake Shoes, Wheel Cylinders, and Hardware (rear)
- NEW Rear Window from LMR
- NEW Convertible Header Seal (top to windshield)
- NEW U-Joint
- NEW Motorcraft Oil Filter
- NEW Motorcraft Wiper Blades
- NEW Continental Timing Belt
- NEW Continental Timing Belt Tensioner
- NEW Stock Height Springs (front & rear) with Dampeners and Rubber Seats from AC Delco
- Old Lowering Springs included with the car
- NEW Starter Soleniod
- NEW Starter
- NEW Rear Mustang GT Decal
- NEW 5.0 4V H.O. Air Cleaner Decal
- NEW LMR Quarter Window Billet guide rod bases - these WILL NEVER FAIL!
- NEW LMR Quarter Window Weather Strips - no more wind noise or water leaks!
- NEW Quarter Window Power Motor Gear Bushings - replaced and re-greased.
- Period Correct 5.0 Floor Mats to go with the original 1985 pony mats.
///Previous Owner Investments//
- FULL EXHAUST
- FULL CLUTCH JOB
- New Battery 07/11/18
- New Distributor
- Control Module
- Fuel Filter
- Radiator Hoses
- Air Filter
- Timing Chain
- Regular Oil Change & Filters
- Spark Wires
- Carb Hoses
- Heater Hoses
- Coolant Hoses
- Mechanical Fuel Pump
- PCV Valve
- Valve Cover Gasket