1974 Ford Dump Truck LOW RESERVE!
Price: US $3,500.00 Item location: Bennett, North Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F350
- SubModel: Dump Truck
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 84571
- VIN: F37YLT69987
- Color: White
- Engine size: 360
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Ford F350 CustomWhat we are bidding on here my friend is a 1974 Ford F-350 Dump Truck. As you can see from the photos, this is a work truck that I use on my little farm. It works great. As you can see, I was using it today to haul some logs from a tree I cut up. So, why am I selling it? Good question! I had a friend who wanted to make me a deal on a bigger diesel dump truck and I said yes. I thought that I would keep this one forever. In fact, this truck will come with some WIX oil filters and some other parts I bought because I knew that I would need them someday.
Dump bed works fine. I will post a picture of it extended later after I dump out the logs. It is 12 feet long by 7 feet wide. It has metal front (cab end) and wooden sides and a wooden rear. There are two big built-in straps with manual winches for holding things in the bed. The sides and back come off, turning the truck into a flat-bed.
When you buy this, you get a clear, regular North Carolina title along with two sets of keys. As far as I can tell, this truck has been in North Carolina since it was built, serving on a farm near Denton, NC and then for a landscaper in Greensboro before it came to my little farm.
- Ford 360 ci engine
- Dually rear end
- Manual brakes
- Manual steering
- Manual windows
- New water pump, radiator, heater hoses, belts, plugs, wires, points, timing set right
- 3 speed manual transmission + granny gear + reverse of course
- All 6 tires have good tread and are in good shape
- New battery, starter solenoid, and new 00 marine-grade starter and ground wires
- Receiver hitch allows use with any sort of trailer with proper hitch
- Trailer brake controls under the dash
- Bed is solid, with only a small rust hole near the front on the left side from where it used to be kept outside an a slanted driveway by the landscape guy I got it from. It doesn't hurt anything, and the bed is very solid. I have hauled some heavy stuff with this old truck! I have kept it under a pole barn since I have had it, but it stays outside now that I have had to make room for the new dump truck.
- I will include the little bracket that would allow the mounting of a DIN radio. I never got around to installing it.
- Floor on driver's side is rusted through. A stamped metal plate made just for this is included with the sale, but my level of welding skills does not permit this to be installed in a proper manner! I drive it all around without it. Just don't try to do a Fred Flintstone and brake with your feet!
- Like most 360s, there is a slow rear main seal leak. I put an additive into it with oil changes, and that seems to stop it. A mechanic friend says that this is just how a 360 is, and it is useless to replace the rear main seal, as it will fail in the same way sooner rather than later. It has not been an issue.
- The exhaust is kinda loud and needs some muffler goop to fix a leak or two. But it lets in some air and you get backfires with engine braking when a little gas gets through unburned. It was on my to-do list to mess with it, but I just keep running it and it doesn't bother me.
- The speedometer reads high. Like if it says 55, you are doing about 35, etc.
- The horn doesn't work, as the wire is shorted in the steering column. The old owner had a little switch on the dash, and I have one I can put on for you if you want me to. Or I can just give you the switch, dealer's choice.
- The dash is sun-cracked. I have a new dash cover I ordered that I will throw in for you!
And, FYI, scammers, I am not going to take your fake cashier's check. We can do a $500 deposit within 48 hours and then make arrangement to get the rest in cash at pickup. There is no great hurry for pickup on my end, but I am sure you will want to get your new truck as soon as you can! I will cooperate with a shipper if you arrange everything, once it is paid in full. In cash. No bus tokens or wooden nickles accepted.
Truck is subject to sale locally as well.