Documented original GT, cold AC, DISC, PS, stunning paint, see Test Drive VIDEO
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: GT
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: Fastback
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 2068
- VIN: 8F02J178792
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Transmission: Automatic
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Description is BELOW video & Photos
ORIGINAL factory â€œGTâ€ â€¦ NOT a clone
Extremely original condition and rare as built
1 of 50 as built per Marti Report (1 of 1 with â€œdeluxe reportâ€)
Outstanding original BODY
This fastback is a true â€œfreakâ€ in the world of 50 year old Mustangs! Very high integrity body with NO metal replacement that I can see â€¦â€¦.. this is freakishly RARE for a 50 year old Mustang.
Still has its ORIGINAL 50 year old Red Oxide PAINT on the entire surface of its untouched original floors â€¦ this may be the only 50 year old Mustang you will ever see with floors this original and pristine.
Factory Candy Apple Red on Red and loaded with OPTIONS
Excellent factory Options:
- GT performance package â€¦ which includes;
* special J-code 302 4bbl motor
* special Suspension
* special 9 inch rear end / 3.25 gear
* special dual exhaust
* special rear exhaust body panel
* special exhaust tips
* special fog Lights
* special emblems
* special body Stripe graphic
- Power Steering
- Power DISC Brakes
- Air Conditioning (works & updated to R134)
- Tinted Glass
- Automatic Transmission
- Fold Down Rear Seat
- Deluxe Steering Wheel
- Deluxe Seat Belts
- Am/Fm Radio (added)
- Remote Mirror,
- Very RARE split Bench front seat with center fold down Arm Rest
Body â€¦.. may be one of the best original bodies I have seen in the last 40 years of being involved with these cars. The first place you look when examining these cars is at the floors and rear quarters. This body could be a â€œbench markâ€ for originality.
Paint â€¦. It will â€œwow youâ€ every time you go in your garage. The paint is super slick and has that deep, wet, high gloss look. There is very little evidence of use. While not flawless, itâ€™s as nice if not nicer than the vast majority of â€œshow driversâ€ out there. NO notable scratches, dings or road rash. Only under close critical examination can you even tell that there are three or four minor chips that have been touched up.
Mechanically â€¦. Please take time to watch the TEST DRIVE VIDEO. The car performs as would be expected of a well maintained vintage 302 J-code GT Mustang â€¦.. it will get it.
It starts easily, idles good, runs good and pulls good under hard acceleration and stops good. It did not exhibit any bad habits during my test drive. The motor has apparently been rebuilt at some point in the past but I have no idea as to how many miles its been driven since. The odometer currently shows 2,068 miles (NOTE: actual miles are not known and given that it is over 25 years old I am required to sell as miles EXEMPT).
The car was treated to a â€œmajor full serviceâ€ less than 500 miles ago which included among other things the following.
- installation of an new 4bbl Carburetor with electric choke
- replacement of points distributor with Electronic Distributor
- complete Tune Up & replacement of vacuum lines as needed
- replacement of various gaskets
- installation of new Gas Tank & new Sending Unit
- full service of the front and rear Brakes as needed
- installation of a new Brake Master cylinder
- change ALL fluids (brake, coolant, oil, transmission)
- change Belts & Hoses as needed
- installation of new KYB gas shocks all around
- installation of new BF Goodrich TA radials all around
OTHER possible Upgrades or CHANGES ????
1) Replacement exhaust system â€¦. WHAT would you like? Please note that the existing exhaust system is old and in need of replacement. We prefer to let our buyer have a say in his preference for a stock type â€œ2 into 1â€ transverse system or a modern true dual system. Replacement is INCLUDED in the â€œBUY IT NOW purchase priceâ€ of the car, or we will lower the price by $500 and let you install the system yourself.
2) Your CHOICE of the Tire/Wheel configuration. No additional cost involved in this change. Most of the photos show the 14â€ Magnum 500 wheels with raised white letter tires, however if you prefer the OEM original 14" â€œGTâ€ wheels â€¦.. OR, possibly spec your own tire wheel configuration.
3) Detail the engine bay. The engine bay still sports its original paint, both on the inner fenders and on some of the mechanical components. It is very impressive for a 50 year old engine bay, however it "lacks the wow factor" of the rest of the car. We will detail the engine bay with the engine in the car to be more impressive than its current state, but not to a show quality level (which would entail removal of the engine). Add $1,000 to the purchase price as this is labor intensive.
4) Update brake lights to bright LEDs. Add $400 to the purchase price.
5) Convert Bench Seat to Bucket Seats (I prefer it as is). Add $1,500 to the purchase price.
6) Add an original 1968 Console / only if bench seat converted to buckets. Add $2,000 to the purchase price, (plus the $1,500 above for the restored bucket seats conversion). There is a lot involved here (Parts and Labor) and the parts are NOT reproduced for the 1968 so we use â€œqualityâ€ rare original components.
7) Update existing radio to be iPod and Blue tooth capable, OR replace existing radio with a modern system.
8) Add sound deadener insulation though out the vehicle all the way through the trunk. This requires removal of entire interior including door panels. Add $800 to the purchase price.
9) Convert existing Power Steering to modern power steering using the BOGERSON system. Budget $2,000 to $2,200.
10) Modern AC/heat â€¦. The existing AC and heat system on this vehicle is currently working. However many of our buyers prefer to have these 50 year old problem plagued systems to be replaced with new technology. We use VINTAGE AIRâ€™s system which has been perfected for this exact car. Budget $3,000 for this upgrade.
11) Convert to â€œEuropean Specsâ€
* convert speedo from MPH to KM/H
* update head lights
* update an original factory RADIO to Euro Channel Specs
* â€¦.. other possibilities ???
NOTE Whilenoneof the ABOVE upgrades or changes are necessarily needed, this is typical of what my son and I offer to our buyers, many of which are overseas. We take a car that is already very nice and enhance it to an even higher level. Our goal is NOT â€œperfectionâ€, rather our goal is to rationalize the car as needed to get it to the best operation and best presentation possible without â€œbreaking the bankâ€.
Invest in FUN
This is a very special car that is not only FUN to drive and be seen it, but it also represents an excellent investment that has a high probability of continuing its long history of appreciation. The color, options, performance and the quality of the body and paint separate this fastback from the pack. If this is the one you have been waiting for, or you have questions, please note my PHONE NUMBER is embedded in the last photo.
FINANCING & SHIPPING
We offer FINANCING for your classic car purchase through our friends at JJ BestBanc & Co.
And, we can coordinate shipping any where in the world.
my eBay â€œSellerâ€ feedback
Please take time to review the eBayâ€œseller feedbackâ€on meselling NOTHING but qualityClassic Cars. You can see by the price points and the feedback, I specialize in selling premium quality cars. Buy with confidence.
Â·Bought a $30,000 TR6 from Michael and he is great! Very honest and capable.
Â·1968 Camaro â€œas describedâ€, we love it. Michael is very honest (buyer paid$40,000)
Â·Exceptional car from an exceptional seller. Great father & son team. (buyer paid$38,500)
Â·It's a pleasure to deal with Michael, excellent communication, great car (buyer paid$59,950)
Â·The car was everything and more than I expected! Thanks Michael (buyer paid$22,000)
Â·Great seller, car exactly as described, well worth$38,000- a dream comes true
Â·Extremely satisfied â€“ Michael is very fair and good with communication (buyer paid$49,950)
Â· The facility was awesome, the cars were of excellent quality just as described! (buyer paid$59,950)
Â· Paid$95,000very pleased with car. Michael was very professional and honest.
Â·Car as described. Paid$43,000andPleased.
Â·Great Car.$38,500.Car as described. Thanks Michael
Â·67 Mustang S Code 390,$42,9500, Beautiful Car, Michael is passionate & trustworthy.
Â·$54,7501969 Firebird 400 Conv. Amazing car & transaction, Michael is excellent.
Â·Bought a$50,000Mustang. Great car! Excellent communication. Thanks Michael!
Â·$44,000and 2ndpurchase from Michael. Very Recommended.
Â·$34,950for 66 Mustang Conv. Incredible service from Michael. Iâ€™ll buy more. Thx
Â·Paid$42,500and the car is PRECISELY as Michael represented it to be. Great job!
Â·2ndcar I purchased from Michael, always as described. This one for$38,500
Â·I purchased my car from Michael Chance for$44,950. Love the car. Helpful seller.
Â·Thanks Michael, well worth the$45,000
Â·Michael has the BEST CARS on eBay. Paid$58,500for my stunning 67 GT 390!
Â·Had an AWESOME car Buying experience! Bought a$49,500Camaro & LOVE it!
Â·Michael went above and beyond to assist me. Very good communication. Excellent ! (â€¦.$18,950classic truck purchased by this buyer)
Â·Traveled from AUSTRALIA, met seller. Unbelievable setup, quality people, quality vehicles, quality service (â€¦.$35,000classic truck purchased by this buyer)
Â·Paid$65,000for my GTO convertible, very pleased, GREAT CAR. Thanks Michael !
Â·Michael sold me this GEM, for$49,950. It is everything I ever wanted and more.
Â·My expectations were totally blown out of the water on this$42,000Camaro, EXCELLENT !
Â·I was Very pleased with car, Great seller to do biz with, paid$41,000
Â·$65,0001956 Corvett, Amazing transaction, easiest ever, Michael did everything
Â·Purchased$37,450Car from Michael and he was the best to work with A+++++â€
Â·Purchased$49,950Classic Car from Michael and love it! Topnotch experience
Â·â€œSuperb to deal with! Had absolute confidence in buying a$45,000classic from Michaelâ€
Â·â€œGreat to deal with. Michael hasGreat Cars, will deal again, AAAA+â€
â€œPurchased a$38,000classic car from Michael, very pleased, highly recommend
Michael just delivered my 64 F100, over$20,000grand purchase, hassle freeâ€
Â·â€œOne of the best I have ever dealt with on Ebay. I would buy from againâ€ (â€¦..$58,100Trans Am purchased by this buyer)
Â·â€œMichael is top notch,$21,000Classic Car is awesome!â€
Â·â€œfast ship As Describedâ€ (â€¦.$33,000Mustang purchased by this buyer)
Â·â€œWhat an amazing Impala SS427! U made this a great transaction!! Honest ebayer!â€ (â€¦.$69,950Impala purchased by this buyer)
Â·â€œMichael is a honest seller. Thank you for my$59,950Bel Airâ€
Â·Great Seller, Thanks (â€¦.$42,500Firebird 400 cvt purchased by buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, first was a$50,000L78 Camaro)
Â·Car arrived as described. Michael was excellent to work with. (â€¦.$25,500Grand Prix purchased by this buyer)
Â·2nd car Iâ€™ve bought from Michael. Very helpful & correct descriptions. (â€¦.$24,000Mustang purchased by this buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, 1st was$28,000Mustang)
Â·Easy to deal with. Quick buy now transaction (â€¦..$24,200Mustang purchased by this buyer)
Â·As described, easy to deal with, good communication, thanks for the FIREBIRD (â€¦.$36,000Firebird HO cvt purchased by this buyer)
Terms & Conditions & all the Legal stuff
Do NOT purchase/ make an offer / or bid until you read everything below.
NOTE: You are purchasing this car through a licensed and bonded Texas Dealer. Accordinglyall transactions will be properly and legally documented.
All buyers â€œoutsideâ€ of the State of Texas are required to pay a .002445% Vehicle Inventory Tax, plus a $50 Documentary Fee. â€¦. No exceptions
TEXAS buyers will have to pay 6.25% Texas State â€œsales taxâ€ AND license registration fees, as well as a dealer inventory tax of.002485% and a$50 documentary fee. Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes in their own states.
Although my eBay experiences have been very positive, I am aware that much goes on within the eBay community that is not positive and therefore requires direct language.
Any purchase, offer or bid is a legal acknowledgement and agreement on your part to be bound by the Terms and Conditions put forth below and additionally specified within eBay itself.
This vehicle is sold AS IS - NO WARRANTY
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, of any kind expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or buyers agent to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle (prior to the end of the eBay listing), and to have satisfied themselves as to the condition and value and to bid or offer based upon that judgment solely.
There is no such thing as a "PERFECT" vehicle...especially when dealing with vintage vehicles. This is not a new vehicle; it is decades old. Even a restored or partially restored vehicle can and will have flaws and normal wear and tear congruent to its age and/or mileage. This vehicle may have minor dings, scratches (or, other imperfections) and indications of wear and use because it has been used. It may have existing or future mechanical issues.
Arranging for an independent third-party inspection is a great way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition. There are many companies and individuals who offer such a service. These services are listed on the internet and can be found in most collector car magazine publications. Of course your personal inspection and scrutiny are suggested and most welcomed. Any and all inspections must occur PRIOR to the end of this eBay listing.
The seller has made a diligent effort to accurately describe any known material defects associated with this vehicle. Additionally, the seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose at the â€œbuyer's request prior to the end of the eBay listingâ€ any additional specific details important to the Buyer. However, any descriptions or representations from the Seller are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. Everything stated in the description is to the best of the sellerâ€™s knowledge. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. The Seller does not expressly, or implicitly, guarantee the accuracy of the description including authenticity or genuineness of the vehicle and/or its components and assumes no responsibility for any repairs or defects regardless of any oral or written statements about the vehicle. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage.
If you purchase this vehicle you have accepted ALL terms and conditions listed in this eBay ad including this â€¦â€¦ Any and all claims or disputes arising from or related to this transaction, other than a claim for injunctive relief, shall first be submitted to mediation in Denton County, Texas in accordance with the then governing rules of the American Arbitration Association. If the parties cannot resolve their dispute through mediation, they shall have the issue resolved through arbitration with the then governing rules of American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in the District Court for the County of Denton, State of Texas. Parties shall bear their own costs related to any mediation or arbitration proceeding.
Have FUNDS ready PRIOR to bidding or making an offer. Full payment must be received within five (7) business days of the end of auction/sale unless I agree in writing to alternative terms.
WIRE TRANSFER IS PREFERRED for US buyers and required for all buyers â€œoutsideâ€ the United States.
Cashierâ€™s check, direct deposit or cash in person are acceptable but in ALL cases this vehicle and its title will NOT be released until complete payment is received and all funds have irrevocably cleared BOTH Banks. If paying by Bank Cashiers Check, I must receive an e-mail â€œcopyâ€ of any Bank Cashiers Check in ADVANCE along with your â€œinternal bank contact informationâ€ for my confirmation of your Bank Check by my Bank. Bank Cashiers checks MUST BE classified by my bank as having irrevocably cleared both Banks prior to my release of vehicle and title.
Loan checks must be agreed to by me PRIOR to you making a bid or offer. Money Orders are NOT accepted.