1966 Ford Mustang "A" Code GT Coupe RARE 2nd Owner car
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 53,803
- VIN: 6R07A194168
- Color: Silver w/ Black vinyl top
- Engine size: 331 Stroker (Factory 289 on engine stand)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang GT
Rare and Real 1966 "A" code Mustang GT (This is NOT a Clone.)
This is 2nd owner car thathas always been garaged in a climate-controlled shop.
This car has won multiple awards at various car shows including The Rocky Mountain Mustang Round Up in Steamboat Springs, CO. I purchased this car 17yrs ago from the original owner in Denver, CO. I have a photo copy of the original title and the original dealer tag to the dealership in Denver where it was purchased. The dealership is no longer around but this beautiful car is. Being a lifelong Colorado car, it has very little rust and the underside is very clean.
Just under 54,000 miles on the odometerthat I believe to be the original mileage.
I have the original parts that have come off/out of the car including but not limited to
- Original 289 motor on a stand
- Original 3rd Member
- Hood (Painted at the same time as the car)
- Axle shafts
The VIN# on the inner fender in the engine bay reads
The Door VIN # and Title VIN# reads
After doing research on why this is, it's because they were producing these cars so fast in 1966 that when the order came through for a GT they pulled a car that was supposed to be standard mustang. They had pulled the car into GT production after the first VIN# was stamped to fulfill the order. So, when it came time to place the last VIN# on the car (the one that used for titling purposes) they simply replaced the "C" with and "A".
Wheels are the original mag wheels and it also has the factory original rally-pac (does not function)
Interior and vinyl top are also original to the car
- front seats have minor rips between tuck and roll
- back seats are flawless
- vinyl top is in great shape above the rear window corner on the driver's side it started to untuck so it is siliconed there only
*Added kicker panels with speakers and in dash CD player with an automatic antenna.
The center console is aftermarket and removable.
The car was painted silver with some nice metallic in 2003 by Custom Design in Fort Collins, CO.
*Silver is the cars original color*
Paint is all round in good condition for its age
(The front/rear valances and teardrop hood are aftermarket)
*minor damage to both rear bottom quarter panels (see photos)
*rust on driver side floor board under the pedal area and driver side inside quarter panel (see photos)
- 331 stroker motor (built for street/strip) less than 1000mi on the motor
- AFR aluminum heads
- Roller rockers
- Hooker long tube headers with 3" dual x-pipe exhaust
- Holley 650cfm double pumper
- Electric fuel pump
- High-rise intake manifold
- MSD ignition with Digital 6 plus
- Hurst short throw shifter on the factory 4speed
- 3.73 posi rear end
- Track bars
- Cal custom valve covers
- An original air cleaner off of a 1966 GT350
For more information feel free to call
If I do not answer leave me a message and I will call you back as soon as possible
Thanks, and Happy Bidding!