Convertible and functional Ram Air car!!
Price: - Item location: Hedgesville, West Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 93,000
- Color: Grabber Green
- Engine size: 351 Cleveland
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Avocado
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Ford MustangUp for your consideration is a very nice example of the last year of the first generation Mustang. This 1973 convertible is in great condition and ready to drop the top for evening and weekend cruising. This convertible is a non-A/C car, but no worries there as that top comes down for some pretty cool cruising.
One thing that really stands out about this car other than the immediate grab-your-attention appearance is the solid condition of the frame and body. The car has a new repaint and no rust anywhere on the vehicle. In fact, prior to restoration, the car spent 1985 to 2017 in an indoor storage facility awaiting said restoration. Sadly, the prior owner was unable to make that happen, but it has now been brought back to life.
Below is a list of what has been done to the car over the last year or so:
- Fresh grabber green paint job--not supreme concours show quality but very good. Definitely a head-turner!
- Brand new BF Goodrich tires all the way around, mounted on brand new bullet-style aluminum wheels. Couple of sizes bigger than stock give the car a great stance.
- New brakes and hoses, including new stainless rear lines and front rotors/calipers.
- New functional ram-air hood, plenum, hoses, and air cleaner (not cheap at all!!!). Many, many of these cars with Ram Air hoods are not functional, but rather for appearance.
- New radiator and fresh coolant flush.
- New hoses and belts--all of them.
- New stock carburetor
- New alternator
- New battery
- New water pump
- Fresh transmission service
- Fresh rear end service
- Upgraded electric fuel pump by Holley
- New gas tank and straps
- New front and rear bumpers
- New door handles and key lock cylinders
- New Grant wood steering wheel
- New upgraded radio--classic autosound stereo (looks like stock radio but better!)
- One neat note---the car has the original 1973 owners manual as well as original factory service manuals!
One of those flaws to mention is a couple of marred spots on the convertible top where it has seen some use. Definitely does not detract from the presentation of the car and that top has years of life left. Included is a photo of what I am talking about. There are a couple of gaps on the car not perfect, but pretty close and again the car looks great. The only other thing that I can think to nitpick on is a couple of slightly faded spots on the rear interior sail panels.
My hope is the winner of this car will use it for fair weather weekend road trips, or perhaps the occasional evening cruise. I think the car is too nice for daily use, but mechanically there should be no concern. I have no use for the car--I thought I would have the time, but surely plenty of folks out there do. So if you have been looking for a drop top classic cruiser, you may have just found it!!