1966 FORD F-100 TRUCK PICKUP SHORT BOX PROJECT RAT ROD BARN FIND 406 V8 FE
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: SHORT BOX PICKUP
- Trim: FLEETSIDE SHORT BOX
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 00000000000
- Color: White
- Engine size: 406 V8 AVAILABLE AT EXTRA CHARGE
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford F-100 FLEETSIDE SHORT BOXOK FORD F-100 GEAR HEADS - Here's your next project truck - 1966 Ford F-100 short box. An Arkansas truck with some original paperwork ( original window sticker - owners manual - AK registrations and warrantee card). Clean Michigan title in hand.
A complete dis-assembled roller, this truck represents the remains of a project that combined elements of two trucks. The original concept was to build a nice touring truck with show finish. Once this truck's chassis was completed I found the perfect (original patina finish)duplicate truck (with a 406!) and decided to use its body. The truck offered here is the original trucks body (with clean title) sitting on the second truck's chassis. The 406 engine and C-6 transmission ARE NOT included but are available separately.
This truck was sold new by Resort Motors of Hot Springs ARK (original window sticker and other paperwork included in sale). Also included is the original rear step bumper with the name of the dealership spelled out in weld.
A rather solid truck has some typical minimal rust as follows - see 121 detailed pics at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zo7glcue4j0dmpp/AACt_d5DQwlcZiqgcKF6O83_a?dl=0
- small pin holes along portion of lower front edge of hood.
- small pin holes along bottom edge of door skins - main door shells OK
- small amount of pin holes in indentations of passenger floor panel. Drivers floor panel has been replaced with a reproduction pan.
- some pin holes lower driver's side A pillar where rocker panel attaches
- some pin holes lower pass cab corner - cut out and patched (poorly)
- small amount of pin holes -both sides - lower back of cab
- small holes lower inner kick panels - have been cut out and patched.
Cab supports, brackets, crossmembers are all solid. Cab and front end sheet metal has been sand blasted and is developing some surface rust.Box/Bed:
Bed has been sand blasted and is developing some surface rust.
- Rust through alongfront edge of bed floor and at lower box header panel
- Heavy brazing at rear cross member joints
- Some rust through rear edge of bed floor and top of rear cross member
- dents and dings
Body sitting on complete rolling chassis. Comes with rear end and chassis.
Rear end : 9" 3.25 ratio Trc-Loc 28 spline, new clutches, bearings & seal
Most of all of the original parts come boxed with truck.
Currently has in place a built 406 withMOPAR 6 PAC - C6 transmission with trans brake. Was built as an amateur drag race set up. Engine and trans are not included in this auction but are available separately.
Please call Dan at 517 304 6306 with all your questions and for complete details
I reserve the right to sell this vehicle and end this auction early any time before auction's end.
PLEASE NOTE - Bidders may be required to provide contact info (during the auction) if you have low or suspicious feedback - otherwise your bid may be cancelled. I reserve the right to do this to combat the con-artists that waste a weeks worth of true bidders efforts just to try the typical auto related internet cons after winning an auction.
See 121 detailed photos at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zo7glcue4j0dmpp/AACt_d5DQwlcZiqgcKF6O83_a?dl=0