1970 Ranchero 500 - less than 30,500 original miles - NO RESERVE!
Price: - Item location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Ranchero
- Type: Coupe Utility
- Trim: 500
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 30,436
- VIN: 0A47F160156
- Color: Light Gold (Cream)
- Engine size: 302ci V-8 2-bbl
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Ginger (brown)
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Ford Ranchero 500I'll let the pictures do most of the description here.
An amazingly solid and confident 1970 Ranchero 500 that I've only had since late March 2018. College finance estimates were off, so it now needs to find a good home. This is a huge NO RESERVE opportunity!
It was sourced in O'Fallon, IL and shipped out and titled here in NC. Having looked closely at over a dozen in the '68-'72 series, I selected this one at the top of my price range for three good reasons: rust-free, original condition, and a strong rebuilt 302.
The fact that it came to me at 30,003 miles was just icing on the cake. I've only put on 433 miles since then.
It is my occasional driver to the airport and back (11 miles each way) and is stored inside under a new Stormguard custom cover, included and seen in the pictures.
A deluxe Marti report framed for shows comes with the truck; it was sold in late December 1969 through Roswell Motor Company in Roswell, GA...all the decals are removable and were simply for a "tribute" look.
The Ridler 675 7" x 17" wheels really add to the look, shod with new Firestone 215/60R17s. The stock 15" steel rims and whitewalls will also come with the truck, along with the deluxe FoMoCo wheel covers of this period. (All the base Rancheros came with 6.5 x 14 rims but those were removed prior to me).
New Saddle Brown nylon loop molded carpet with heavy mass backing - from Stock Interiors - is included but not yet installed. The original is healthy but faded and re-dyed in spots and I had wanted to make it perfect.
Headliner, sunvisors, dashboard, door panels and bench upholstery are all amazing and original. Rear interior panel is original and a bit worn in spots but this is typical - inexpensive pressed board was used back in 1969.
The most important part of any Ranchero - and the best part of this one - is of course the bed and tailgate. The first thing I did was replace the OEM rubber drain hoses that tend to be missing or plugged inside the body cavities. Mine were there but had become hard as rocks and therefore discarded. Since these direct water away from the bed and down into the rockers to leave out factory drains, I made sure all were running clear. We do get some heavy rains by surprise here in NC....
- new tune-up items: rotor, cap, points, and condenser. New plug wires as well. Coil checks out fine at 1.2 ohms and 8K ohms.
- new carb was on the car and is superb; I added a return spring for a stiffer pedal and more positive throttle/idle.
- all marker lights, turn signals and headlights are new and working great; 4-way flasher system works as well.
- new stainless outside beltline rubbers on both doors from Eckler's - insides were fine.
- remote mirror on driver's manual mirror on passengers.
- new Magnaflow 11254 2" stainless muffler and reconditioned Y-pipe and intermediate (inlet) pipe, professionally installed here in Greensboro. Great tone. Photo of underside taken at installation (June 2018).
Wipers work in lo and hi speeds, but do not auto-park.All gauges work 100%, including the electric clock.AM radio is there but disconnected inside dash.AC components were already removed/blanked but the previous owner held onto the important bits which come with the car.
Original glove box manual.
I will (generously) include the ENTIRE paperback manual system and ALL wiring diagrams for the 1970 Ford cars. These are fantastic to have and getting exceptionally rare with every year.
This is a NO RESERVE auction. Have fun and good luck. Feel free to ask any questions - I respond quickly as work time permits!