1953 Ford Crestline Sunline Convertible
Price: - Item location: Wichita, Kansas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Crestline
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 35,000
- VIN: B3GC137226
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Ford Crestline1953 FORD CRESTLINE CONVERTIBLE
This car has had a frame off restoration. I've owned the car for over 10 years. I have some health issues so the car is not complete. It runs and drives very well. The specifications and things I've done to the car are as follows:
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
- Stock 1953 Ford Convertible frame.
- New "A" arms and kingpins.
- New shocks front and rear.
- Front power assist disc brakes
- New Volvo power steering.
- New exhaust system.
- New bushings in complete front end.
- Good Year Classic 2 1/2" wide white walls, 215R15 tires.
- 350 Chevrolet engine.
- Chevy 700R Transmission.
- New Four core Walker radiator & shroud a/c condenser and transmission cooler.
- New fuse panel and wiring harness.
- Entire body & frame media blasted - all rust repaired or replaced.
- Firewall filled and smoothed.
- Hood nose.
- Bumpers and bumper guards rechromed.
- New tail lights and lense.
- Battery box relocated to trunk.
- New windshield and all new side glasses.
- Factory skirts.
- Interior paint is single stage.
- Exterior paint is two stage- base coat/clear coat.
- Coronado kit.
- Tilt column with shifter.
- Original steering wheel with anniversary center cap.
- New upholstery in complete car - seats, side panels, carpet, and trunk.
- Top is black cloth - material looks like Mercedes wool top with bows painted to match interior of car.
- Top frame needs a couple of bushings. Works up and down good but needs a little help to get started.
- Top lift mechanism IS SCREW JACKS WITH NEW MOTOR.
- extensive use of dyna-mat for interior insulation.
- Seat belts front and rear.
- Vintage air a/c, heat and defrost.
- Two speed intermediate windshield wipers.
- New electronic clock.