1967 Ford Mustang Convertible - California car, same owner for 37 years
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Standard
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 116,766
- VIN: 7F03C105481
- Color: Candy Apple Red
- Engine size: 289
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 3 Speed Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Ford Mustang Standard
I've had this car since 1981. She was manufactured in San Jose CA, registered in Texas and Arkansas (where I found her) then came back to California with me in 1988 for my Air Force assignment. She has a 289, 3 speed manual transmission, 2bbl carburetor, front disc brakes, power top, dual exhaust, styled steel wheels, front disc brakes, and originally had factory AC - missing compressor and other components since before I got her. She has standard interior and a center console. A friend and I restored her in 1982 - bodywork and paint, repaired the floorboards, carpet, interior, and top at 77,000 miles. She's been garaged since 1983 and has under 117,000 miles now. NADA estimate of its value is over $30,000
- New shift lever kit 2018
- New radiator & hoses, door panels and passenger side mirror 2017
- Front disc brake kit installed 2009 If I'd known how much of an improvement this makes, I'd have done it a lot earlier!
- New windshield 2008
- New Edelbrock shocks around 2006
- New carburetor 2005
- New starter 2004
I have receipts for the above and a list of what I fixed in the restoration. Includes shop manuals, a reproduction owner’s manual and a few spare parts.
The good news (besides the above):
- She looks great and is a ton of fun. Nothing feels like cruising around in this car with the top down.
- She runs well, most electrical works - headlights, tail lights, brake lights, interior lights, speedometer, temp and gas gauges.
- She burns no oil.
- Power top works perfectly. Fabric and plastic rear window are in good shape - no tears or holes.
- She's an American icon and she's been well cared for the past few decades.
Things you should know:
- She was originally forest green.
- The VIN on the front fender has one digit that appears to be double-struck: A over C. See pic. The hidden VIN shows a C, as do the title and registration. “A” meant 4bbl carburetor, “C” meant 2bbl, which this car has. So it's all fine.
- A previous owner let the floor boards rust through. My dad and I repaired them with thickgaugealuminum: rust proof but non-standard. There is a bit of rust in the driver’s door, which isn't the original door so the codes on it don’t match the title.
- She has the typical electrical and mechanical issues typical for an older car: front left turn signal works sometimes, reverse lights and tachometer don't work, some scrapes and dings. There is some play in the steering.
Message or text me any questions you have before bidding. 415-994-1236 If you're local, maybe we can find a time for you to check her out.I've tried to accurately describe the car to the best of my ability and I have a thick file of paperwork to back it up.Buyer is responsible for pickup or arranging delivery and all cost associated to getting the vehicle, which are not included in the auction price.
TERMS OF SALE: The winning bidder mustpay a non-refundable deposit within 24 hours and balance within 72 hours after auction ends or when picking up the car (can extend a day or two for overseas buyers).Inspection, if desired, must be made before end of auction. Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs and arrangements. WARRANTY: This vehicle is being sold as is. No warranty or returns. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle before bidding, not afterwards.