ORIG.CA.CAR, FOLD DOWN SEAT, WHITE, VERMILLION INT, A/C, PS, PDB, TACH,AM 8 TRAC
Price: US $4,985.00 Item location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: WHITE,VERMILLION INT, A/C, TACH, FOLD DOWN, PS,PDB
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: MACH I, RARE M-CODE, 351C 4V, LIKE 72,73,1972,1973
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 70,101
- VIN: 1F05M137260
- Color: White
- Engine size: 351 Cleveland Cobra Jet 4V
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Ford Mustang MACH I, RARE M-CODE, 351C 4V, LIKE 72,73,1972,1973For sale is a Mach I project I bought but have decided to sell to focus on my many convertible projects. This is a rare, nicely optioned Mach I!
1) Well optioned: Wimbledon White, Vermillion Mach I sports interior, M-code, 351C 4V, C6 auto, tach and gauges, A/C, AM 8 track, Fold down rear seat, PS, PDB
2) The car was painted before I got it, and they did a nice job. Original California DSO car, so it was solid before it was painted. It had some floor rust when I got it, so I had both full floor pans and seat platforms replaced by the best metal guy around. The repair is virtually undetectable, and the ribbing on the floor is correct for 1971.
3) The dash VIN plate, as well as the original factory invoice documenting the cars' many options, will be included with the purchase of the car.
4) The car has never been wrecked. The body is arrow straight.
5) The car steers and rolls on four tires.
1) What you see is what you get. No doors, fenders, hood, or deck lid. No dash and the interior is missing. None of the fold down parts are there. No dash. No glass. Only the under hood wiring harness is there.
2) The car was in the Katrina flood soon after it was painted and while it was waiting to be reassembled.
3) The drive-train will need to be rebuilt.
This project is good for someone who has the necessary parts or a good parts car to finish it. The metal and body work, as well as a lot of the paint work, has been done and that is a HUGE plus! New reproduction fenders, hood, doors, etc. are available and cheap. I've used them and they fit well. A complete set of all brand new glass can be purchased on Ebay for $539.00
This will be a $30K+ car when finished. I'm only looking to get back some of what I have invested in the project. Cars this age are not titled in the state of Alabama. The car is registered in my name and paperwork will be provided that will allow the car to be titled in any state that does title cars this age. The car was never branded as a flood vehicle and the previous Louisiana title was clear, showing the car had only 70,000 original miles.
I KNOW THE PRICE SEEMS HIGH, BUT THIS IS NOT A BASE 6 CYLINDER FASTBACK. CONSIDER THE MANY OPTIONS THE CAR CAME WITH, THE FACT THAT IT HAS ITS' ORIGINAL DRIVE-TRAIN, THE FACT THAT I JUST PUT ALMOST $3000 IN COMPLETELY REPLACING THE FLOORS AND REPAINTING THE INSIDE OF THE CAR, AND THAT A LOT OF THE CAR IS ALREADY PAINTED THE FACTORY WIMBLEDON WHITE, AND THE PRICE SHOULDN'T SEEM OUT OF LINE.
Thanks for looking! Kevin. 205-222-3646.