1960 FORD F100 CALIFORNIA TRUCK - TITLE IN HAND
Price: US $15,000.00 Item location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- SubModel: none
- Type: Cab & Chassis
- Trim: Standard
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: F10C0R19116
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 8cyl 292ci 2brl carb 158hp
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: black / red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: none
- Options: none
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 Ford F-100 StandardLet me start with thisdisclaimer:I have personally purchased & sold several older era trucks and cars since joiningeBay.Whenpurchasing,inadvertently (or on purpose) information was left off the listing that I found out after delivery. I am sure there will be something I inadvertently miss so myapologies up front. Please askany questions.
Originally built in San Jose California and always kept in California. 1960 Ford F100. Garaged last 4 years, driven monthly prior 10 years,weekend driverbefore 2000 and retired San Fernando Valley workhorse sometime in the 1990's.
The 1960 gift to the eBay auction block is my Buddy's truck. After a year of asking, I finally talked him into selling so someone could enjoy it. It sat at a building he worked at for 10 + years before he could talk the prior owner into selling it.
OVERALL - THIS IS A GREAT TRUCK. FROM THE ERA WHEN AMERICA WAS THE GREATEST AND WHEN CAR DESIGN WAS NOT LIMITED TO PLASTIC BUTTONS AND BULLCRAP MASS MARKETING RECYCLED STYLES.
Originally white, my Buddy loves the Air Force and theaviation era of design, hence the AF badging decal stickers (could be removed). Bright sliver/ Red color scheme fresh from 2014. Flat black grill, bumpers and hubcaps reinforce the street rod era.
I have tested thistruckfor two weeks in real urban / city / highway driving.Started up after sitting 1 year on second try. Attached video is from that first day. Engine fires right up all day long.Easily could be a daily driver. Quick off the start and smoothcruising at 65 mph. Once in motion, easy non-powered steering. Brakes good, tires with good tread but developing some age cracks.
- some windows cracked.
- a couple ofcontrolknobs missing.
- no headliner.
- visors in tact but in need of upholstery.
- drivers elbow rest needs newpadding and upholstery.
- bench seat covered withblanketstyle cover will need new foam and upholstery.
- speedometernon operational showing 87,500 miles.
- gas level gauge not working, oil gauge works, temp gauge works.
- radio not working.
- doors close good but need lock adjusting and weather stripping to make snug.
- windowsoperational but need help rollingdown (up fine).
- missingpassenger windshield wiper arm.
- small leak in the radiator thathasn't been fast enough to fix. Engine runs cool
- tailgate lock handle latches missing locking brackets. S hooks work fine and hold gate closed fine.
- leaf spring bushings should bereplaced.
- it smokes when first started so oil getting through the seals when dry, this doesn't limit performance. Once warmed up smoke dissipates.
Truck available for showing anywhere in Los Angeles area. Once purchased, it could be driven to Las Vegas if needed. Otherwise,arrange for truck carrier shipping with pick up scheduled for LA area.
Thanks for looking!
1960 f-100 vid
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]