1965 Ford Thunderbird BUILT MOTOR
Price: - Item location: Fresno, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Landau
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 92,501
- VIN: 5Y872108376
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Thunderbird Landau1965 Ford T-Bird with professionally built big motor. PLEASE READ ENTIRE AD.
*** Clean title, tags paid through March 2019 ***
*** $500 deposit through PayPal due within 48 hours of auction ending ***
*** Built motor needs a tune - It idles great and drives for short distances but it needs a good tune to be 100% *shi
*** This is a project, so you will need a trailer or a shpper ***
YouTube video of it starting and idling: https://youtu.be/q2Y_LLqAoRY
The engine was built by Justin Parker at JPS Racing in Madera CA in 2016. Almost everything on this motor build is brand new. The motor was built in preparation for a lot of power, specifically top-end, high RPM power. Over $6,000 spent on motor build alone.
At the time of this listing I have put just over 500 miles on the motor. Motor needs tuning.
- Original Ford FE 390ci big block and heads, numbers matching, fresh bore, honing, and resurfacing of both
- Bored .30 over, making 402ci
- Edelbrock Performer RPM model #1413, 800cfm 4bbl carburetor w/ electric choke with Edelbrock model #8008 stud kit
- Edelbrock Performer RPM FE model #7105 intake manifold with Edelbrock model #7724 gaskets
- Edelbrock Performer RPM model #7106 camshaft w/ hydraulic lifters
- Edelbrock Performer RPM model #1724 fuel pump (not installed yet, new in box)
- Edelbrock model #7808 Performer-Link timing chain and gear set
- Edelbrock model #4462 chrome valve covers
- Edelbrock Pro-Series air cleaner
- New OEM distributor with Accel model #2020 electronic ignition / points-eliminator kit
- Accel Super-Stock ignition coil
- New water pump and Original OEM radiator, professionally rodded out, sealed, and repainted (engine runs very cool and consistent)
- Lightweight aluminum pistons & connecting rods
- Custom 2.5" exhaust system with dual 40-series Flowmaster mufflers, cut-off at the muffler (car is VERY loud / agressive)
- Jamco 2.5" lowering springs in front
- Custom made 2" lowering blocks in rear (Due to the design of the rear leaf springs and axles NOBODY makes lowering blocks for these year T-Birds, if you see one lowered the rear blocks were Custom made)
- Body is STRAIGHT, not a dent on it that I can see. It was repainted probably 20-30 years ago, and the clearcoat has faded, leaving behind a semi-gloss matte gray finish. I think it looks really cool and will keep it that way if I keep the car. The car does not appear to have any cancer, however there is one spot at the right-rear corner of the car which is bubbling. I've looked behind it and don't see rust but its possible there is some there.
- There is an area on the hood above the motor where the paint is bubbling.
- All chrome intact and in good condition
- Original black plates, not the new ones anyone can go down to DMV and buy.
- Interior is in decent condition, aside from the following; driver seat torn, small hole in headliner at rear, headliner beginning to sag, drivers door panel needs attention. Dash is perfect, has been under a dash cover for decades.
- Sequential rear turn signals work, front fender mounted turn signal indicator lights work.
- The odometer shows around 91k miles or so, but who knows how accurate that is.
Things that need TLC:
- Engine needs tuning. Starts, idles great, drives for short distances, but needs expert tuning.
- Paint on hood bubbling
- Needs tires soon
- One power window not working (right-rear)
- Windshield is cracked
- Landau top lifting in two places
- Interior needs minor work
- Needs starter pinion gear, every once in a while I get the high-pitched starter whine of a starter with a bad gear
It is a BIG TIME head turner. You don't see many early T-Birds on the road, especially rat rods / hot rods, and you almost never see ones that sound like this one; the sound from this motor is incredible.
I'm moving and won't have room at the new house to take it, so im pricing it aggressively.
Thank you for lookikg and bidding!