1974 classic Ford Bronco Sport antique 2-door convertible
Price: US $12,000.00 Item location: Kirbyville, Missouri, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Bronco
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: unknown
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 302
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Bikini Top, Hard Top, 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Ford BroncoThank you for taking a look at my listing! It is time for me to sell this sweet ride. I bought it as a hobby car in April 2012 (3 years, months). I just got married last month and want to move on to other hobbies. I took more photos than can be listed, o message me for more! I have some info from the previous owner who had it for 18 months and I can tell you most of what I have done, ome I forgot to keep the receipt for.
Here’s what the previous owner listed:
- MSD ignition system.
- Rebuilt Motorcraft carb (runs perfect)
- C4 Automatic transmission serviced and modulator replaced. (shifts nice and smooth)
- James Duff 5.5 inch lift with dual front shocks
- 35 x 12.50 x 15 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain tires with 85-90% tread (update from me: I estimate the tread to be around 65-75% now)
- Front and rear seats reupholstered
- New Tuffy locking center consol
- New turn signal switch (All lights, urn signals, nd brake lights work)
- New side marker lights and bezels on both sides.
- New control arm bushings.
Here is what I have had done since 2012: 6/8/12
- adjusted brakes on all 4 wheels
- adjust timing, arb, ix vacuum leaks
- R&R both fuel tanks to replace senders, enew plumbing from tanks to valve, enew hardware
- fix exhaust leak, nstall oil and temp senders
Six months ago I had the Bronco repainted a metallic gun metal grey. As a whole the paint job looks great, ut I’ve noticed there are some imperfections, he main one being on the hood. However, outh Side Auto Body gave me the extra paint and so I have approximately half a gallon left on the metallic gun metal grey. I will give you this paint so you can have that fixed and have no problem matching it.
Also, ordered new floors from James Duff: Toe boards for the left and right side, loor pan with tunnel. I installed these myself with some help from Future Men. After installation, had the inside rhino-lined by Checkered Flag, local Branson auto detailer, nd they did a great job. Also, had Branson Steel custom make me a brush-guard and roll bars. These were also rhino-lined by Checkered Flag.
The hard top and all black trim was all repainted black by South Side Auto Body in Kirbyville, o. The hard top has some cracked paint due to sunshine, ut hey, ut it on and no one will see that high!I also bought a black vinyl bikini top for the Bronco.
I purchased from James Duff a new front auxiliary tank. It does fine, ut I notice it sweats gas on hot days where the screws are. Its a poly tank with a metal piece that’s attached, nd so if you tighten the screws a little, t usually does the trick.
I’m not sure if the back tank leaks. I noticed once when I filled it full it leaked a little, ut the last time I filled it for further inspection, t didn’t leak at all. Bronco tanks have been well known to have leaks from time to time.
I bought new stainless steel hinges that the doors sit on and they are impressive, nd make it very easy to take the doors off. I also bought new stainless steel door latches and side mirrors, nd installed them.
Horn works fine. Guages however, re not reading, hich includes speedometer, uel guage, nd oil, tc. I do have an Autometer SportComp Tach, attery, il, nd Water temp gauge that the former owner gave me, ut they are not currently installed.
The BF Goodrich tires are still good, ut they are more like 65 - 75% tread, ather than the 85-90% that the former owner had listed.
I bought a Kenwood stereo for the Bronco, nd installed 4 Kicker speakers, ooked up to an Xplodd amp. However, do not have a subwoofer.
Just last week I had the alternator checked out and they installed a voltage regulator. This baby starts like a charm!
Here are some questions that you might have:
- Does it have power steering? - Yes it does. The steering is nice and tight and it tracks down the road very well for a 41 year old 4x4 with 35” tires.-How are the brakes? - It does have the original drum brakes. The former owner listed that he’d serviced them before he got the vehicle in 2012 (rotors turned, ew pads, nd new cylinders.)
- I am 99% sure that the motor is the original. I am not sure if/when it has been rebuilt. This is complete speculation, ut I assume it has at some point and I am basing that off the odometer being reset. (A rebuild is the reason it is reset the vast majority of the time).
- The 4 wheel drive works. As far as I know the differentials/axels are completely stock. It does have locking hubs.
- The vehicle is located in Kirbyville, issouri 65679
- I wouldn’t hesitate to get in and drive it 500 miles. (Just bring plenty of gas money!)
- If you do want to fly in and drive it home, will pick you up from either Branson regional airport or Springfield International airport if either of those service the flights you need.
- If you are more local and would like to take a look at it before the bidding ends, lease contact me and we’ll set an appointment.
- It does have a clean and clear Missouri title that I have in hand.
- We are not currently doing a Buy It Now option, ut if you would like to submit an offer go ahead!
Please feel free to submit all your questions and I will do my best to answer them.