1989 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat Super Cab 460 / 5.7L
Price: - Item location: Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- Type: Extended Cab Pickup
- Trim: XLT Lariat
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 53,695
- VIN: 1FTHX25G5KKA13155
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 460 / 5.7L
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Ford F-250 XLT LariatFor your consideration, I am selling my dad's 1989 F250 XLT Lariat with Super Cab. This truck is originally from Illinois, but I drove it back to California when I bought my mom a more suitable vehicle after my dad passed. The truck drives great and is mechanically sound. As you can see from the pics, the truck is very very clean on the interior. The exterior is not as clean, but is still in pretty good shape. It is a 2 wheel drive, with the 8' bed 460 engine and C6 transmission. Power windows, power locks.
Hear are the deficiencies:
- The clear coat is flaking off on the top of the front quarter panels and edges of the hood as well as on the top sides of the cab, and the side decal striping has flaked in places. The truck has one spot of cancer on the passenger side at the top of the rear wheel well. There is some surface rust on the sharp edges of places like the rain gutter etc. If you are at all familiar with mid-west winters, they salt the roads, and daily drivers are completely rusted out in 10 years. This truck was driven very littlein the winter and only when needed as evidenced by the body shape.
- There is a scar/crease above the driver side rear wheel well from where a piece of scrap metal was dropped on it while loading the bed.
- The front gas tank had a leak under the strap and has been patched. If need be, a used tank can be purchased for about $150
- The emergency brake for the passenger side from the cable split had frozen up so I removed it and bought the new one, but it has not been installed yet. I have it in the factory bag.
- There is a lot of tread left on the tires, but small hairline cracks developing on the sidewalls of the load range E tires.
- Everything works as it should.
- It has the tow package.
- I had the air conditioning system converted to 134A from R12 before I left Illinois, and it works well.
- I installed a Pace Edwards roll up bed cover 3 or 4 years ago.
- I bought 5 custom aluminum alloy wheels for it, and in the last 500 miles or so I havereplacedthe following.
- New windshield because the original was cracked.
- New catalytic converter.
- 3' exhaust pipe from the cat back with a FlowMaster 50. Sounds very nice.
- New idle air control valve.
- New throttle sensor.
- New rear wheel cylinders.
- Rear shoes and drums.
- New calipers, pads androtors turned.
- Repacked front wheel bearings
- Plugs, plug wires, distributer cap.
- The truck recently passed California smog by a large margin.