1971 Ford F-100 in Good Running Order. Perfect for restoration or use it as-is!
Price: - Item location: Sonora, California, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 140,000
- VIN: F10GKL86300
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 302 V*
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Ford F-100 CustomThis truck, affectionately dubbed The Flying Farmer because of a decal on the rear window, has spent its 46 years as a work truck, first on a ranch in Colorado, making almost no trips onto public roads in 40 years. About five years ago I bought it and drove it to the foothills of California to use for lumber and dump runs while I worked on my home.
The truck starts right up and runs well. It has been reliable and would make a great base for a restoration project because the parts are almost all original and the wear and tear is reasonable considering its age.
On the plus side, the chassis is in great shape, it runs reliably, has four matching tires with less than 8,000 miles on them, a newer radiator, a newer windshield, no chips or dings in any of the windows and only surface rust in some areas (with one exception, pictured).
As you would expect from a truck of this age, there are a few issues:
- It burns about 1 Quart of oil every 750 miles- The left front quarter panel has a 8" x 8" inch rust issue- There are numerous small chips on the paint, primarily above the grill (pictured)- There are sizable dents along the right side and in front of the left front wheel (pictured)- The clutch works but shifting isn't as easy as it once was. Not a problem for me but worth noting- The interior needs serious work including reupholstering the seat and replacing the cracked dash- The instrument panel is showing its age- The fuel gauge does not work properly (registers half full when completely full)
- The interior rear-view mirror is not affixed to the windshield (I still have the mirror)- The odometer works and registers just under 40,000 miles and I cannot guess at what the actual mileage is- The windows stick when they are being rolled up and down- The heater works but the lever that controls temperature doesn't function- There is surface rust on the bed and floor boards of the truck but it could be sanded and removed without hurting structural integrity
While I am trying to put all of the key items here, I may have missed something and you can message me if you have questions.
I use premium unleaded gasoline in the truck.