1961 Ford F100 Unibody Shortbed
Price: - Item location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- SubModel: Unibody
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: F10CR141281
- Color: Patina
- Engine size: 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Ford F-1001961 Ford F100 Unibody Shortbed for sale. Very rare to find original paint shorted unibody trucks. Truck has been completely gone through top to bottom and every nut and bolt has been off this truck and put back on. Original Paint is still left on the vehicle but everything else is brand new. Truck is not a speed/ track demon but a very reliable around town cruiser. With power steering, A/C and bluetooth stereo it has just enough creature comforts but does not take away from the vintage look and feel of the truck.
A little background on the truck. It has lived its whole life in Arizona and was bought new in 1961 in Cottonwood. Original owner had it forever and then sold it to a mayor in an town in Arizona. From there an older gentleman bought it and tore it down for the restoration process (who I purchased the truck from). Luckily I bought it just in time because he had sprayed a coat of filler primer over the whole truck and was about to begin the body work. As you can see I was able to remove all the primer revealing the beautiful patina left over from the Arizona sun beating on the truck for the last 50 plus years.
- Frame has been powder coated
- Rear end rebuilt and is out of an old dodge van. New drum brakes and all parts.
- Front end is out of a Plymouth Volare. New disk brakes and all parts.
- New shocks front and rear.
- Rear lowered 4" with DJM drop brackets and new springs. Front lowered 6" with Volare torsion bar set up (new bushings for swaybar).
- Mustang fuel tank relocated to under bed. Brand new and brand new sending unit and electric fuel pump.
- Front tires and wheels are XXR 19"x8.5" with brand new Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 245/35/19
- Rear tires and wheels are XXR 19"x10.5" with brand new Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 285/30/19
- Brakes are brand new on all four corners with all new lines and new master cylinder with proportioning valve.
- Brand new dual rear exit exhaust tucked up under rear role pan to hide it out of sight. Flow master 40 series mufflers make for a quite idle and cruising sound, but comes alive when you step on it.
- Rust Free Original Paint. Killer Patina look
- All original sheet metal and also in bed. Reclaimed wood put over top of metal bed.
- Brand new glass and weatherstripping on everything including doors.
- Cab has dynamat on everything in the interior. Roof, floor, doors, firewall.
- Inner fenders and core/radiator support powder coated.
- Motor is a 302 roller motor out of 2000 Ford Explorer. All new seals and front end. New water pump, 100 amp alternator, A/C compressor, power steering pump, belts and harmonic balancer. Brand New radiator and all new hoses, fuel lines and brake lines. New intake manifold and gaskets. New air cleaner.
- Transmission is rebuilt AOD and has brand new torque converter. Includes Lokar shifter and kick down cable. Brand new aluminum frame mount transmission cooler.
- Brand new wiring kit.
- Brand new driveshaft.
- Power steering.
- All new upholstery on original bench seat (new foam), headliner, steering wheel, sun visors and new carpet. Vinyl on bench seat perimeter and ultra suede in middle of bench seat, steering wheel, sun visors and headliner.
- Dash and interior paint is all original.
- Brand New Vintage Air A/C system. A/C blows cold and heat works great. Kit came with all new parts and hoses. Condenser and evap kit.
- Brand new tilt steering column and steering wheel. Hazards and blinker switches on column.
- Brand new Dakota Digital Gauge kit and all new sensors.
- Brand new Retrosound stereo with bluetooth and audio streaming. Custom speaker box behind seat with two new Infinity 6x9 speakers.
- Does have lap belts for seatbelts.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Can provide lots of pictures. Have during build photos and floor pans before finished and bed to show no rust. Can provide walk around video of it running also.