1965 Ford Mustang Convertible - Recently Restored
Price: US $36,000.00 Item location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 21,275
- VIN: 5F08C753933
- Color: Springtime Yellow
- Engine size: 8-cyl. 289cid / 200hp 2bbl
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford MustangThis Mustang was professionally restored in 2016 and only has 640 miles on it since then.
What's new in 2016?
- Car was stripped to bare metal and any rusted or damaged panels were repaired or replaced.
- The quality of the restoration is very good.
- Springtime Yellow paint - a period-correct color for this year
- New rear frame rails
- New torque boxes
- New black power top, new rear window.
- New inner rocker panels, new inner sills
- New rear wheel houses
- GT lower valance with dual exhaust
- New trunk floor and crossmember set
- Finished trunk interior and mat
- New front and rear bumpers
- New grille
- New emblems and badges
- Refurbished electrical harness
- New neutral safety switch
- New battery tray
- New door jamb switches
- New park lamp kit
- Rebuilt distributor
- New washer pump, bag, brackets
- New right side mirror
- New antenna
- New GT styled steel wheels (14" with red center caps)
- New Champiro white wall tires (205/75/14)
- New windshield with top shade
- New park brake cables and components
- New fuel line
- New fuel tank
- New radiator core
- New shroud
- New heater core
- New dual exhaust, exhaust pipes, tailpipes, mufflers, trumpet style GT tips
- New transmission mount and cooling lines
- New speedometer drive and cable
- New leaf springs and shackles
- Restored and repadded seating(all vinyl surfaces in very good condition, but not new)
- New steering wheel, horn ring, floor shifter
- 5th seat belt added to rear bench
- All new black carpet
- New kick panels fitted with speakers
- Custom stereo AM/FM/Aux, designed to appear era correct
New in 2017:
- New power steering ram and performed alignment
- New points and condenser, set timing, adjusted carb
- New alternator
- New power steering hoses
- New plaid jacket for spare tire
- All new chrome interior bits (door handles, all knobs, turn signal lever, auto shifter, sunvisor brackets, window cranks, header bar
- New era-correct rubber floor mats (front and rear)
Things to know:
- Actual mileage is unknown. As of posting, the odometer reads21275, but that may need a 1 or 2 in front of it.
- Although a very nice restoration, there are a few imperfections. (1) There is a small crack in the paint in the drivers door jamb (2) There is a small bubble beside the trunk lock (3) There is a small tick from the exhaust manifold, which doesn't effect performance, (4) There is a 1" tear in the tonneau cover. I've included photos of these things.
Overall:This is a nicely restored 1965 Mustang Convertible. It runs very well, looks great going down the road, and is a very nice cruiser. It's ready to cruise today!