1978 Ford F-250 Ranger Lariat Supercab Camper Special **One-of-a-Kind**
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- SubModel: Camper Special
- Type: Extended Cab Pickup
- Trim: Ranger Lariat Custom
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 121,529
- VIN: X25JKCE4904
- Color: Green on Green
- Engine size: 460/7.5L
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Cruise Control
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green/White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Ford F-250 Ranger Lariat Custom
Beautiful 1978 Ford F-250 Ranger Lariat Super Cab Camper Special
Welcome and thanks for looking.
Assembled in the Kansas City, MOFord plant in June of 1978, a custom order for the Seattle, WA district market.I purchased the vehicle from the original owner's family, who were from the Washington/Oregon area, inDecember 2012 and it was my daily driver until November 2016.I moved from WA to TX in 2015 and continued to drive the truck daily until my work commute increased significantly and soI purchased a new car and that is why I am sellingthis truck.
Specifications - original, matching numbers.
- Model/Type: F-250 Ranger Lariat Camper Special 2WD Super cab
- Engine: V8 - 460cid - 4BBL carb
- Transmission: Automatic 3 speed
- Rear Axel: 3.07 Dana Spicer 61
- Wheel Base: 155", Bed Length 98"
- Dual fuel tanks
- Max GVWR: 8100
- Exterior Color: Dark Jade Metallic & Jade Metallic
- Interior Finish: Ranger Lariat Jade Vinyl & Jade Cloth
- Towready with 2 inch received
General Condition - excellent
The vehicle is inexcellent overall condition. Itstarts right up and runs very strong. It is 39 years old.
- Normal wear and tear includes a few tears on the driver's side upholstery (see photo), driver's side carpet (under the floor mat), paint and clear coatweathering (seen in photos), and I think 1 instrument panel bulb behind the voltage gaugeis out but the gauges are still visible at night.
- Minimal rust, non-terminal. Surface rust in a few spots on doors and cab.
- Rear bumper has some dings and dents and is slightly bent on right side, and there are what I would call normal and customary dings and scratches on the truck in the usual places
- Loose door panel on driver's side (I believe there are clips that can resolve that)
- New Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor w/Kevlar tires were put on at 106k miles, with 50k warranty
- Dome light, mostinstrument light bulbs, high beam light, cigarette lighterand horn working
- Fuel transfer sending unitworking
- Headlights, Tail lights and turn signals - all working
- Radio (Analogue, original) & speakers working
- Cruise control, Occasional Wipers (intermittent wipers) and windshield washer pumpworking
- AC is cold and I used it all summer and the Heater ishot (and works better than most new vehicles)
- Spare tireis a full spare ingood condition
- Break controller was working at the time Idisconnected it in May of 2015. Currently it is disconnected.
- Rear window and both side "wing" windows open, close and latch as they should
- Breaks, Parking Break, AC/Heat controls, steering, cooling are all working as normal;
ServiceHistory (Alist of the services I have had done on the vehicle that I have the paperwork for)
- Tune up (rotor, plugs, air filter, oil change, etc) June 2017
- New rear drums/pads and front calipers & pads June 2015
- Mechanical/Electric Fuel pump May 2015
- Tune up (air filter, breather, filter, radiator cap, etc.) June 2015
- Master Cylinder replaced in May of 2013
- Wiper motor and washer pump in March 2013
- Wiper blades replaced December 2012
- Seat Belts - New front retracting seat belts (driver and passenger sides) installed in May 2017. The originals were double retractor modelsand one of the retractors was sticking. Replaced with OEM approved period correct brand new belts & buckles. All belts/buckles inrear bench seat are original in perfect working order.
Multiple items that were serviced by previous owner, for which I have thepaper work:
- Rear diffservice Trans fluid flush November 2012
- Exhaust System September 2012
- Tune up (plugs, wires, etc) August 2012
- Heater core June 2012
Sold as is where it is. You may arrange for an inspection at your cost.
Please ask questions if you have any. We all work hard for our money and I want a potential buyer to bid with confidence. I tried to cover everything here but of I missed something orif you have any questions, please ask me.
Buyer to arrange for pickup and/or transportation at buyer's cost.
If you want add'l pictures, let me know.