1966 Ford Thunderbird - Partially Restored
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 37,000
- VIN: 6Y87Z100566
- Engine size: 390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Thunderbird
You are looking at my clear titled, Arizona (located in Arizona) RUST FREE, factory A/C 1966 Ford Thunderbird that has been partially restored for the past two years. The car does turn over, the car runs strong and steers, however should not be started due to a bad head gasket and water pump. Each of the steps of getting it running, moving and restoring have been captured via video and photograph though.
Car running & moving (after interior restoration):https://youtu.be/bmNYTB-Yvm8
Car starting (before interior restoration):https://youtu.be/sRm4N-Cs5FQ
Interior: The interior is roughly 90% complete and only missing the restoration of the door panels and replacement of a headliner. Both of which are with the car. Everything was taken out and disassembled out of the car to be restored.
· Coated floor with primer and special coating
· New black carpet
· New bone leather upholstery
· Removed ALL interior parts, and restored, or repainted
· Replaced ALL speakers (3) with two new rear Pioneer 3-way speakers, one front 2-way speakers and ran new wires to the rears for possible amplifier/subwoofers
· Replaced old Thunderbird radio with a stock reproduction unit with RCA, USB, and external mobile device jack
· Began shielding panels, floor, and firewall with heat reflective coating
· Door panels have been masked and painted gloss black
Exterior: The exterior of car is roughly 60% restored and 60% of it has been painted with flat black primer.
· New vinyl top
· Most of the exterior fixtures have either been cleaned, repainted and restored
· Completed bodywork on the driver’s side exterior
· The passenger’s side bodywork still needs to be completed
· Has two new rear tires
· Recoated under the wheel wells
· Has both fender skirts
Engine/Drivetrain: The car has a big block 390 V8 with a 3-speed automatic granny shift transmission.
· Replaced ignition coil, and pack
· Has all new MSD 8mm spark plug wires
· New iridium spark plugs
· Repainted engine compartment & under hood
· Repainted fixtures, valve covers and air cleaner
· New rag joint to minimize any steering/road rattles through the steering wheel
I may consider trading the car for another type of muscle car. I am in no rush to sell it, nor do I need help selling my car.