1966 Ford, F250 truck 390 big block, Harley Davidson paint color, like F100 F150
Price: US $19,750.00 Item location: Ogden, Utah, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- SubModel: Camper Special
- Trim: Custom Cab
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 500
- VIN: F25YK876741
- Engine size: 390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford F-250 Custom Cab1966 Ford F250, Camper Special, Custom Cab, 390, AutoFrame off restoration/restomod
390 V8 engine, C6 Automatic transmission, Dana 60 limited slip differential Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Factory Gauges, Deluxe Interior
What started out a fixer-upper shop truck morphed into a full on restoration. Given the time and money that went into this build, and the fact we still need a shop truck, I'm going to let it go and start over.
- Rebuilt 390 engine is strong and runs excellent.
- Crane thumper-style cam gives it a mean, lumpy idle.
- Edelbrock aluminum intake and carb, Pertronix electronic distributor.
- 3" custom exhaust w/ Ceramic coated Hedmen Headers and X-Pipe
- 4" stainless steel exhaust tips exit through the bumper.
- A new aluminum radiator keeps things running cool.
- The C6 auto transmission was fully rebuilt
- Dana 60 limited slip differential with 3.73 gears works perfectly.
- Power steering makes this truck a joy to wheel around town, and includes a fluid cooler.
- Dual piston Power disc brakes provided great stopping power. The upgraded brake system has been completely rebuilt or refurbished with many new parts, lines, hoses, etc. Parking brake is not working, but all brackets, cables, handles etc. are in place.
- Steering and suspension has been overhauled or refurbished with new bushings etc. Steers and tracks straight. The Â¾ ton springs are surprisingly plush.
- New front shocks and new rear air-assist shocks. Rear ride height lowered about 2.5 inches, and front ride height dropped 3/4". Alignment looks good. I think front could be dropped another Â½" without any issues.
- Wheel / Tire combo is staggered. Wheels and tires are brand new. 275/65/17 rear tires, 255/65/16 fronts. Ion aluminum Rims are 17 x 10 and 16 x 8
- New polyurethane front cab mounts and radiator support mounts.
- Frame and underside has been painted/coated.
- Body and paint work was done in our shop. Not a perfect job with some orange peel, dirt, nicks, swirls, etc. A lot of clear coat was applied, wet sanded, buffed, and polished.
- New carpet, sound and heat shielding was installed over the painted floor.
- The seat was professionally upholstered with black and white vinyl, and orange stitching.
- New weatherstripping and rubber
- The original embossed "FORD" section of the original seat was salvaged and sewn into the new cover
- All the factory gauges work and include oil pressure, water temp, alternator, and fuel. Speedo works. The dash pad is original and has some cracks. Headliner and zipper door pockets are restored/refurbished originals, and door panels are new.
- New interior door and window handles, window seals, door rubber seals, windshield rubber, and vent seals. Other new parts include Heater Core, Belts, Hoses, Fittings, Front wheel bearings and seals, nuts, bolts, fasteners.
Tons of time and money went into this truck. It catches your eye.
Quiet when you want it, but loud when you get on it.
Trades/partial trade for any Ford muscle car, or vintage sports car.
Clear title in my name
Call with questions 801-821-0964